Zoa/Paly growth question

Lovge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How much time on average should pass before I will notice growth and increase of polyps? I have recently placed 4 frags in a tank and they are the only things in it besides rock and CUC. The tank still looks quite depressing LOL, and I know there is no definitive on time. Just was wondering how long approx I should expect to see something happening to them. :)

ReeferBee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really depends on the polyps, some grow much faster than others. Some can grown several new polyps every month, while with others you may be lucky to get one new polyp a month.

OP
OP
Lovge

Lovge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool, tyvm. Ever since I put them in I have been STARING at them lol. Ill stop if I can

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine always need a little time to settle in before growing. Normally it takes from 2 weeks to a month and they take off. I have varied growth out of the different types from 1 polyp per day to 1 polyp every week or two.

mfief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will second the varied growth and settle in time. I will add that I have had better luck with palys settling in and growing faster than zoas.

Pete polyp

acro serial killer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will second the varied growth and settle in time. I will add that I have had better luck with palys settling in and growing faster than zoas.

It all depends on the zoa or paly for me. I have both z and p that will grow a new polyp almost daily.... I have some z and p that might only grow a new polyp every couple weeks.

OP
OP
Lovge

Lovge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL ill be happy seeing 1 a month. I have 2 utter chaos that I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see multiply as well as the others but those are sooo smexy i wanna see them flourish

mfief

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are moody little boogers but look so oops good in zoa gardens colonies between other corals

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back