Zoa Pest?

ashtoreth

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I recently got a batch of zoa's in from a sale and dipped all of them in Coral Rx but there was one Utter Chaos frag that had a polyp which didn't open up fully. It's been two weeks now and I moved it into lower lighting and it's finally opened up but looks like the skirts were partially missing on this one. I'm not quite sure if it came like that or this happened while in my tank but should I be worried about pests (especially zoa-eating nudis)? I have two clowns, one firefish and a cleaner shrimp and while the shrimp sometimes bothers the zoas, it's usually very quick and all my other zoas in that area reopen up very quickly even if the shrimp bothered them a bit. The rest of the zoas alI look relatively healthy (all pretty much fully opened, growing new heads, full skirts, although a few have skirts pointing down) so I don't want it to spread if it seems very clearly indicative of pests.

image0 (4).jpeg
image3.jpeg
image1 (2).jpeg

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stay vigilant, but I suspect you may be over thinking the issue. IMHO, odds are the zoa came like that.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back