Zoa Polyps Not Fully Extended

  • Thread starter Thread starter aidensav
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

aidensav

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 10, 2026
Messages
35
Reaction score
16
Location
Orlando
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank has just finished the cycle and has had yellow brick road zoa for about a week. Is it getting too much flow?

July 20, 2026
 
Personally I think its fine, it looks fine. I think the algae is bothering it not the flow. I would dip that frag in a mix of tank water and peroxide, it will kill the algae very quickly, the zoa will be happier for it. IMO
 
Personally I think its fine, it looks fine. I think the algae is bothering it not the flow. I would dip that frag in a mix of tank water and peroxide, it will kill the algae very quickly, the zoa will be happier for it. IMO
I could not type fast enough 😅
 
Personally I think its fine, it looks fine. I think the algae is bothering it not the flow. I would dip that frag in a mix of tank water and peroxide, it will kill the algae very quickly, the zoa will be happier for it. IMO
Thank you, will do.
 
Personally I think its fine, it looks fine. I think the algae is bothering it not the flow. I would dip that frag in a mix of tank water and peroxide, it will kill the algae very quickly, the zoa will be happier for it. IMO
^this ....
 
I’d gently scrub the plug with a medium tooth brush and get some more snails if needed. Zoas are annoyed by the algae touching then.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new