Zoa polyps not looking good

Arsenix2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got this colony on Wednesday, all have opened except this group. They dont look too good. Do I just leave alone? If they die do I need to remove them?
15745304533324557577278413035015.jpg

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like.some have already died in there.
I do see some detritus build up so make surw they have proper flow and keep your eyes open for pests...nudis,sundials,zoa spiders.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I have low flow and not an issue. Lighting - Heavy on blue as you have it. If low flow, do gently blast with turkey baster occasionally as they don't like dust and buildup on them.
Dose small amount of Lugols Iodine 1-2X per week and add aminos also 2X per week. They respond well to seachem Fuel.

OP
OP
Arsenix2001

Arsenix2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are brand new and have only been in the tank for 3 days though. Never opened from day one even though all the others did. I dont think its my tank. Assuming they are dead what should I do? Leave them to wilt off? Attempt to cut out? I will dose aminos mean time. I have two kessil 160s on a controller and am running lower lighting to acclimate them. That pic was caught close to the sunset time with heavier blues

sirjameskt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are brand new and have only been in the tank for 3 days though. Never opened from day one even though all the others did. I dont think its my tank. Assuming they are dead what should I do? Leave them to wilt off? Attempt to cut out? I will dose aminos mean time. I have two kessil 160s on a controller and am running lower lighting to acclimate them. That pic was caught close to the sunset time with heavier blues
Just leave them alone, sometimes they stay closed for over a week while it acclimates.

Rogueaquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have low flow and not an issue. Lighting - Heavy on blue as you have it. If low flow, do gently blast with turkey baster occasionally as they don't like dust and buildup on them.
Dose small amount of Lugols Iodine 1-2X per week and add aminos also 2X per week. They respond well to seachem Fuel.

agreed. I use the Brightwell aminos daily and keep my zoas under a decent flow so they don’t build up any detritus on them.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 63 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back