benb716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
95b3a9ea7a8db25eee0ab88de9b5a160.jpg

Are these zoa pox!!!???

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can tell it potentially is Zoa Pox, but I've only seen it in pictures and never had any personal experience with it. Any other thoughts #reefsquad?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Zoa Pox to me as well.
Try this treatment that @danimal1211 posted a while back

Treatment

1. Mix a fresh batch of saltwater. It is preferable to use freshly mixed saltwater as apposed to water from your tank to ensure anything that may be causing the ailment in the first place isn't included in treatment. Take special care to match the temperature, salinity and PH of the aquarium that the colony is kept in during treatment.

2. Take one cup of fresh saltwater and mix one packet of Furan 2. Use a container small enough to insure that the colony is completely submerged. Larger colonies will require more water for the treatment so keep the ration of water : Furan 2 the same. Keep an additional container of untreated saltmix on hand for rinsing.

3. Place your colony in the mix and let soak for 15-20 minutes. Do not exceed 30 minutes.

4. After the dip, rinse the colony in the second container of untreated saltwater and place back into the aquarium (again a separate quarantine tank is suggested).

5. Let the colony rest for 24 hours and repeat steps 1-4 for two more days.

After the third treatment it is advised to let the colony rest for 1 week and monitor its condition. If you feel that the condition hasn't improved, another round of treatments should continue as per above.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/zoa-pox-treatment.105981/

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. Pox.

Fungal infection. I still wonder if fluconazole would work. It’s a fish antifungal.

OP
OP
B

benb716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys, i pulled them and dipped them with coral dip and a dash of iodine for now and use some small scrappers i had to pop them like pimples, and they oozed just like a pimple would, if i see no difference by tonight i will grab some furan 2 and do your process

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Be careful with popping oozing ZOA's...palytoxins no joke...

OP
OP
B

benb716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the concern, but noted i wore gloves during the process, ive heard the palytoxins can kill if you get it in your blood stream, crazy how something not even the size a penny can do such damage

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back