zoa problem

tdi64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having zoa problems. They were first to open last to close after addng to take two weeks ago. This last 5 days been all closed up or barely open. I know my ph is low and nitrate a bit high but could that be it? Also dipped in Seachem reef dip yesterday

Ph 7.9
Am 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Calc 400

26364177-AFD1-43C3-AC91-B79FB2CBD215.jpeg

OP
OP
T

tdi64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having zoa problems. They were first to open last to close after addng to take two weeks ago. This last 5 days been all closed up or barely open. I know my ph is low and nitrate a bit high but could that be it? Also dipped in Seachem reef dip yesterday

Ph 7.9
Am 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 0
Calc 400

26364177-AFD1-43C3-AC91-B79FB2CBD215.jpeg
Sorry nitate 20

jtp7004ft

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine are light sensitive, if i shut the light off they close right up. Maybe it could be lighting? you could try moving them around. they could be getting too much or too little light... what's you salinity?

OP
OP
T

tdi64

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
mine are light sensitive, if i shut the light off they close right up. Maybe it could be lighting? you could try moving them around. they could be getting too much or too little light... what's you salinity?
1.26. Crazy thing is there in the sam spot and were looking good. I moved them around i have a ai prime on aclimation mode i moved them a bit but nothing. Dont wanna get to crazy with them. Maybe coral rx better ?

jtp7004ft

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would copy this post under the Zoa forum. hopefully someone will have some better answers for you. Sorry, I wish that I could help...

Reefjnky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Put them back where they were last open and see what they do. New zoas are always tempermental for me before they establish themselves. It doesnt look like a parameter issue because your other corals look good

Deyan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry nitate 20
That’s fine for zoas.. just keep an eye out for hair algae! I believe World Wide Corals keep their tanks at 10-20. I keep mines round 10 as well could go to 15 here and there for me. Your ph is on the low side slowly increase if possible but it’s better to keep stable than swinging! Get wrasse - a must for zoa tanks! I got a melanarus wrasse.. beautiful those look like they might need to be placed on sand bed and on the side of tank.. that’s my advice for finicky zoas.. my most finicky are my white zombie and found a spot they like and have not moved them ever my first time I tried they shrunk and look not well.. still have them but they have not improved just survived but not improved.

Patman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9/10 times it's a pest, dip in coral rx for 10-15 and swish them around really well (like REAALLY well), I use a slightly higher dose than recommended when I dip zoas. If they improve after this you're not in the clear repeat this process every 2 days for a week. Good luck, hope this is all it is.

Deyan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9/10 times it's a pest, dip in coral rx for 10-15 and swish them around really well (like REAALLY well), I use a slightly higher dose than recommended when I dip zoas. If they improve after this you're not in the clear repeat this process every 2 days for a week. Good luck, hope this is all it is.
Yup and they are hard to detect - they camouflage same color as the zoa they eating.. they look also like part of the skirts! Nudibranch- ouch. Get a wrasse nuff said and dip!

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 124 59.0%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 62 29.5%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 75 35.7%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 36 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 62 29.5%
Back