Zoa vs paly growth?

Nathanemmerich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 180gallon reef tank been running for 18months and I have really good growth of palythoas but zoas seem to really struggle. I have 7 rastas sitting the smiling at me for at least 8 months without growing. But sunny ds, captain Americas, armor of god, pandora or any other paly in my tank grows like crazy.

Anyone else experience this? Any fixes? I probably have ten frags of each. The palys have taken off. A few zoas have grown. The rest just sit, they don’t melt but they don’t grow.

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some strains of zoas just don’t grow as fast as others. Nothing wrong with your tank.

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a tiny frag of froot loops the same time I got green dragons eyes and midnight suns. I thought the froot loops had died, but are closed up tight after I moved the frag the other day. The others are growing crazy off their discs. I even took a single polyp of green dragon that fell off in shipping and that has grown to a dozen polyps since the summer. My ugly palys are weeds, you have to watch them.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 2.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 27 14.4%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 91 48.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 57 30.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.7%
Back