Zoa wont multiply

Whiskyclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have these zoa for a long time now they have even multiply at all is there something wrong with my tank my alk 149 ppm cal 440 mag is at 1310

OP
OP
Whiskyclown

Whiskyclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long ? What kinda zoa ? Lighting? Pics ?
Ratas have them for 7 month and radio active for 6 months
10b4ea18f171c57dc0df450395a5212a.jpg
ed4c14e9d6d649baa11ce5d8a864beaf.jpg

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't look like they are very happy, it could be a lot of things, lighting, pests, parameters, temp.

My best guess would be pests, they are hard to spot, have you looked for flatworms or nudis?

OP
OP
Whiskyclown

Whiskyclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't look like they are very happy, it could be a lot of things, lighting, pests, parameters, temp.

My best guess would be pests, they are hard to spot, have you looked for flatworms or nudis?
Yea the temp. Its like 80 try puting a fan and it burn out aready and the lighting dont know how to set it (current orbit marine LED) i just have it in the 1time setting which it changes by and phosphate it at 0.64ppm and nitrate its at o.50ppm and its hard to keep it down i do once a week water change i have a 10gallon tank .

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have an ato? I couldn't grow till the salinity was stable.

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
80 is not bad, I have mine set to 78 but on hot days it will creep up, I also run LED's but a lot more powerful ones, I do not have experience with that light.

Placement also plays a factor, if they are high in the tank try lowering them, you want them open completely, when they are not all the way open like that it means something it irritating them, which is why I suspected pests.

The water could be too dirty, you can try running some sort of media through the filtration, or put a media reactor. Also Mangroves work really well.

Also yeah ATO is a must, stability is key.

OP
OP
Whiskyclown

Whiskyclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No i dont have one but im going to get one but dont know which one to get cause i don't want it the over flow and damage the floor or walls lol

OP
OP
Whiskyclown

Whiskyclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
80 is not bad, I have mine set to 78 but on hot days it will creep up, I also run LED's but a lot more powerful ones, I do not have experience with that light.

Placement also plays a factor, if they are high in the tank try lowering them, you want them open completely, when they are not all the way open like that it means something it irritating them, which is why I suspected pests.

The water could be too dirty, you can try running some sort of media through the filtration, or put a media reactor. Also Mangroves work really well.

Also yeah ATO is a must, stability is key.
86b681727f0691edaa27f896a37f8867.jpg
thats i have my led and saltlinty is at 0.25 think i have to check again i was going to buy a phosbean reactor and put some biomaxx plus biopellets ?

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I would save your money and try to upgrade to an AIO All-In-One, so you can get some filtration and movement of water going. Nano Cubes are dirt cheap used. Or even buy a Innovative Marine brand new, the Nuvo 20 is only $200 and it's really nice. You could also run a sump setup in a cabinet and do an external overflow down to another 10g with a return pump, it might be cheaper this way.

I have never tried to run a reef without an AIO or a sump setup, the stability is going to be very inconsistent, especially without an ATO and the corals will never be happy.

OP
OP
Whiskyclown

Whiskyclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly, I would save your money and try to upgrade to an AIO All-In-One, so you can get some filtration and movement of water going. Nano Cubes are dirt cheap used. Or even buy a Innovative Marine brand new, the Nuvo 20 is only $200 and it's really nice. You could also run a sump setup in a cabinet and do an external overflow down to another 10g with a return pump, it might be cheaper this way.

I have never tried to run a reef without an AIO or a sump setup, the stability is going to be very inconsistent, especially without an ATO and the corals will never be happy.
I am going to upgrwad to 30l tank which i like but right now im in a budget even tho the tank has a second chamber i need a sump to ? May be my tank is over stock i have two clown and a goby a pistal admiral crab and 3 snals and 3 acans and a royal fish think thats whats its called

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, its not overstocked, its just really hard to maintain parameters with that setup. I would start with the ATO and see what happens if you're on a budget. Stick with trying to keep temps down and salinity stable.

OP
OP
Whiskyclown

Whiskyclown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, its not overstocked, its just really hard to maintain parameters with that setup. I would start with the ATO and see what happens if you're on a budget. Stick with trying to keep temps down and salinity stable.
Ima try buying one and see it change any thing thank for info

Ghxst

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking of getting the smat ato micro scene its small[/QUOTE said:
I have the smart ato on 2 tanks, the standard one and 2&3 years later running great

I messed that quote up but you get it lol

ciscomania

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to upgrwad to 30l tank which i like but right now im in a budget even tho the tank has a second chamber i need a sump to ? May be my tank is over stock i have two clown and a goby a pistal admiral crab and 3 snals and 3 acans and a royal fish think thats whats its called
Yes for a 10g tank that is a very overstocked tank

Wankell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes for a 10g tank that is a very overstocked tank

Running 4-6 fish is not uncommon on a nano, it's depends on the equipment. I think the setup is just lacking supporting equipment. @Whiskyclown what is that in the back left of the tank? You said it has another chamber? Im assuming the back right is a HOB skimmer?

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back