Zoabrary.com!

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoabrary! Everybody knows it as that magical site that knows all the zoa names, but recently, it seems that a search comes up empty.

I recently looked at the site and searched a few very common names, “armor of god” no results. “GMK” no results. “Treehouse on Fire” no results. “White Zombie”, “Seduction”, “Frozen Apple”, “Nirvana”... NOTHING! Just an error message saying name not found.

So I made myself an account and got to work, I have 11 pages of new entries in just 2 hours of work. If we could all pitch in when we see a new zoa or get and ID for one in our tank that was previously unknown, I think this website could be a great restored for all of us! Every day I answer a few zoa ID threads, many of which are the same 5 names circling around and around. If we all banded together and decided to make zoabrary an updated source, many people could find and ID much faster and there would be a lot less mystery in the world :).

I’m doing it as my gift to the hobby and zoa lovers around the world, but there’s a whole lot of zoas out there and I don’t think I’ll be able to catch them all!

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem being, every different color morph, and vendor has a unique name now. Nealy impossible to name them all with a common name. What one vendor might call an eagly eyes, the next vendor might call them something totally different, although they are the same colors.

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem being, every different color morph, and vendor has a unique name now. Nealy impossible to name them all with a common name. What one vendor might call an eagly eyes, the next vendor might call them something totally different, although they are the same colors.
That’s true, it’s an issue. At the moment I’m dealing with that by putting other names in the comment section. When I did the Daisy Cutter post I noted the alternative names are Stargazer and Pinwheel in the comments :)

Rubberfrog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Zoabrary! Everybody knows it as that magical site that knows all the zoa names, but recently, it seems that a search comes up empty.

I recently looked at the site and searched a few very common names, “armor of god” no results. “GMK” no results. “Treehouse on Fire” no results. “White Zombie”, “Seduction”, “Frozen Apple”, “Nirvana”... NOTHING! Just an error message saying name not found.

So I made myself an account and got to work, I have 11 pages of new entries in just 2 hours of work. If we could all pitch in when we see a new zoa or get and ID for one in our tank that was previously unknown, I think this website could be a great restored for all of us! Every day I answer a few zoa ID threads, many of which are the same 5 names circling around and around. If we all banded together and decided to make zoabrary an updated source, many people could find and ID much faster and there would be a lot less mystery in the world :).

I’m doing it as my gift to the hobby and zoa lovers around the world, but there’s a whole lot of zoas out there and I don’t think I’ll be able to catch them all!
You're so awesome

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Probably a dumb question.....but where do I find your extensive 11 page list of zoa names and photos? I have probably 15 types in my tank and don't know a single name as I have never purchased. All acquired through trade and never bothered to ask :)

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably a dumb question.....but where do I find your extensive 11 page list of zoa names and photos? I have probably 15 types in my tank and don't know a single name as I have never purchased. All acquired through trade and never bothered to ask :)
Zoabrary.com! :)

OP
OP
PicassoClown04

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange. I tried that but can’t get the page to load on my computer or my phone. I’ll keep trying I guess.

thank you.
woah, I just tried to go to the site. Youre right, I cant get on either. Just post your zoas in the zoa forum and Im sure people will be happy to ID them for you

ApoIsland

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope you didn’t lose 11 pages of work. You should start your own site. One that actually works.... :)
woah, I just tried to go to the site. Youre right, I cant get on either. Just post your zoas in the zoa forum and Im sure people will be happy to ID them for you

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 34 29.8%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back