Zoanthid Chopshoppers....

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We should make thread of who we know is a chopshop...This way we can keep away or make sure we don't get took....Here are some that weKnow and one that I have found out in the past few days....

Ebay handle>zoafrags-RC handle is piberroptikz

ReefRich-his handle is scumbag......LOL

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is Old.diver and the guy naming all the Hawaiian frags (Hawaiin Superman! Sunkist!) ok? I've noticed them a few times.

Bah, I really won't buy from ebay at all anymore unless it is used equipment or something like that. Even if they weren't chop shoppers, they are still price gouging.

Grrrr
Laurie

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
old.diver is actually pretty cool as I've bought from him a couple times. He gets his zoas from diving so it depends on how you feel about wild-caught zoas but he's a decent guy to deal with. I've never dealt with the guy that uses "Hawaiian" in his naming so can't comment on him.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, his name is Snakamoto:

Good to know about old diver. I guess better wild caught then acquired from helpful hobbists and then price gouged. I tend to only order from people I can trust. Especially if other SW guys are asking for an opnion, you know?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46308&item=7776663610

$41 for 3 polyps... I thought about it soooo hard, but didn't wind up bidding. Something doesn't feel right about it. They are awfully vivid to be wild caught... they look like someone loved on them in their tank to me.

:)
Laurie

mbunaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you guys about the Hawaiin zoos on Ebay everything is RARE!!!. But most online shops get wild zoos from wholesalers. They come in big rocks and they usually break them up into smaller pieces and sell them. I say 98% of zoos online or in petshops are wild. When they are marked aquacultured and come on liverock they are usually cultured in the ocean like most Bali aquacultured hard corals and may still have pests. Just got to find the right company that quarantines, cleans, and inspects the colonies of pests or dying sponges. Just my two cents. Because then most of the stores are on this black list :D

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true.. Do you think colors like that are on the wild ones?

Laurie

mbunaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh me bad I miss understood. Yeah I totally agree. You see that alot with certain Ebayers they are willing to pay anything then within the week the same frag is up for auction. By the time the other person gets the frag it will probally die due stress from system to system and all the shipping. Yeah its crazy what pepole do for a buck. Also with all the Ebay auctions that call every zoo PPE or some type of people eater. That drives me nuts when see that.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, I looked for Old Diver and din't find him anymore on Ebay. Maybe he's taking a break?

Laurie

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He might not be selling anything currently but did you look him up by old.diver cause I think thats how he spells out his user name on e-bay. He also owns a store called www.sealifeflorida.com which doesn't list everything he has for sale but shows most of his stuff.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to clearify also Old Diver or Ken is strickly Carribean southern Florida live stock...At least everything I have seen him offer.

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I've dealt with Ken on several occasions and he is a good guy with nice corals.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back