Zoanthid colors

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just wondering what are some good ways to make your zoa colors POP!! Ive seen all kinds of pics and most look absolutely amazing and then i see some that just look blah. Id say mine look about average but was wondering what lighting works best or bulbs combos? what can you dose to help out, and what kinds of food would help if any at all? Im really just curious! Im using compacts on my nano and it looks fairly well, but i always love improving.

bullysam

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a couple of things to consider.....
a lot of photos that u see may be photoshopped for one
u can try feeding zoas- phyto, cyclopeeze or other filter feeding foods
the blue lights make the colors pop, some photos are taken under blue lights

just MO

OP
OP
Davesgt

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea figured photoshop, but i guess i was just curious of what product people are using to keep them so healthy.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've noticed that zoas that come from all led tanks or t5 tanks are brighter than zoas from halide tanks.

Sent from somewhere

OP
OP
Davesgt

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my compact do really good at getting things to grow so its hard for me just to change. if i do change it will be t5 imo they look amazing with lots of choice in color

OP
OP
Davesgt

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I love my compacts and the colors are really nice with them. My lps and sps love them also so .... I might just buy a stunner strip to accent you. Do you think that would help Frankenstein

Young Frankenstein

I sniff ozone and relax.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I love my compacts and the colors are really nice with them. My lps and sps love them also so .... I might just buy a stunner strip to accent you. Do you think that would help Frankenstein
Color of corals gets complicated, can you post a photo of your setup ?

OP
OP
Davesgt

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill post a pic 2mrw cause the lights are out now.

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LEDs or t5's will make ALL your colors pop:)! When I had compacts I added a couple current powerbrites for accent and they worked amazing! They aren't being made anymore but u might be able to find them on eBay.

data_loss

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LED's make corals look fake :) stick to reality and enjoy natures true colors:)

Blue LED'S make corals look fake (I would use the word fantastic instead myself).

So set up LED's at a 12K spectrum during the day and have them transition to deep blues for a sunset.

Best of both worlds!

Soehl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the LED making them POP! I LOVE mine. Anyone done any research into what colors of LED make specific colors on corals more brilliant? I know you can fade them but what color LED makes them brighter? There has to me colors of LED related to color on the coral. (I.E. Blue LED make reds pop, green make yellow pop) Color in our corals is essentially the corals version of sunscreen so it stands to reason that different color light will enhance different color "sunscreen".

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kessils are what I use, and I'm just astounded by the colors they give to ANY coral! All of my pictures are taken under kessils and I've never been happier.

Young Frankenstein

I sniff ozone and relax.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We use chemistry to achieve a better color, not LED's :) its like photo shop vs real photos :) so you look under normal lighting and say ...............nahhhhhhhhhh let me make them look better turn on the LED's LOL, on this one ritter i thing you are wrong :)

OP
OP
Davesgt

Davesgt

Happy Happy Happy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I guess I could go into more detail of what I want. I don't want my tank to look 20k blue, im impressed in the color it has now. I just enjoy my zoas most of all and they look good as is but I would still like to have some stand out a little more than what they are. For instance my bam bams look crazy nice but my fruit loop just don't compare to their orange coloring like I see in most as well as my magicians. That's why I ask about supplements that might help. My zoas none the less do amazing in fact perhaps to good as where I give frags away to make room for new growth.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 111 42.4%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 127 48.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 24 9.2%
Back