Zoanthid help!

PicoDeGallo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
I purchased some nightmare zoanthids 17 days ago and they have yet to fully open. They only open about 30% of the way not showing their skirt. At the store they were open and after getting them home and dipping them in ReVive Coral dip they have yet to fully show themselves. I have 8 other zoanthid colonies that are fully extended and open so I don't believe it is because of my parameters. Does anyone have some input as to why they are not opening?
Salinity: 1.026
Temp: 80.4°F
pH: 8.2
PO4: 0.1 ppm
Ammonia:0ppm
NO2: 0ppm
NO3: 5ppm
dKH:9
Ca: 430 ppm

Thanks in advance
20180907172253.jpeg

Phillyd1990

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had recently bought a frag of zoas..all my others were great and these would only open half way. after two weeks they started to open a little more but not fully until almost a month. if your others are good i would just give them some more time. as long as theyre not completely closed i would think theyre ok.

OP
OP
PicoDeGallo

PicoDeGallo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i had recently bought a frag of zoas..all my others were great and these would only open half way. after two weeks they started to open a little more but not fully until almost a month. if your others are good i would just give them some more time. as long as theyre not completely closed i would think theyre ok.
Thanks for the input that gives me a little bit of comfort. Gives me a bit of a timeframe to expect for them to open up fully

Joshua Warne

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All parameters look fine. The store tank parameters could have been drastically different from your home tank in regards to par or nutrient levels. Like philly says, I would just give them time. Good luck! :)

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 10 21.3%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 19 40.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back