Zoanthid issues

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We need a thread about issues or problems we are having with a frag or colony.....I will start it off.

I have a colony of dragon eyes that was big and beautiful about 3 days ago my tank shot up to about 88-90 degrees for about 18-24 hrs. I wasn't home most of the time to notice. Once I did get home I got things under control turned the air on and the temps came down to 80-81 degrees I also added a fan on the top of the tank.......

Here is a pic of them before:
DSCN9925.jpg

Here they are 2 days after the temp issue.....
DSCN9956.jpg

I have since done a water change, they seem to be coming back a bit some of the polyps might be poking out a little of their skirts but still nothing like they were. Do any of you have any ideas? I don't want to lose the colony. Give them more time?
James

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just going to ask if we could add a Zoanthid Issues/Pests/Diseases section.

BTW, Azurel you got a PM :cry: :(

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HEy Fickle,

No problem......

I guess you can post your problem here...That's what I started the thread for maybe there is someone that can help also.

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Azurel.. how about give 'em a little more time to recuperate.. sometimes, they just need time to recover... keep us posted.. :)

Marvin

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They do seem to be coming back today....It is just weird that they were the only colony that had an issue. Nothing else in my tank seemed that stressed out about it.....Just paranoid I guess.

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice Zep,
I was getting a little paranoid as I have had no issues or losses latley and this is one of my favorite colonies. I wasn't sure if there was something I should act fast and do or just let things be now the temp is under control.....I figured just to let them be but I wanted to tap into the advice pool also...

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well they are really starting to come back now....I still have these dang worms that are all over everything....You can see them in the second picture....They are black and white...They irritate everything and are always going over the zoanthid colonies..... :evil:

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are beautiful polyps. Glad they came around. Did you turn a chiller on, or did you use a fan and ice bottles in the sump?

:)
Laurie

OP
OP
Azurel

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I have a window unit air conditioner I have in no and afan that blows on the top of the tank and lights.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back