Zoanthid not doing good for about a month

bdon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello coral people, I have a zoanthid and it hasn’t been doing good I recently transitioned from a 30 gallon tank to a 125 gallon tank but before that it looked exactly the same there seems to be algae growing from its rock and I’m not sure what to do about it and I think it’s still alive because I can see a couple bud every once and a while ever so slightly any recommendations on what to do about the algae or even a good light for a generic 125 gallon tank?

E35B2034-92CE-4CE2-A488-8FACA7DE64C0.jpeg

Austin456

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had rastas that had GHA on them and after multiple dips and brushing I finally did a hydrogen peroxide dip which I hadn’t done before and it worked great. The algae was gone and there starting to opens up again. Takes a couple day for them to open up after the dip though.

AmaleeC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A great solution to GHA is Reef Flux. If it’s spread throughout your tank, I highly recommend you do a treatment of Reef Flux. If it’s confined to just that rock, take the rock out and gently scrub the hairs away with a toothbrush. If that doesn’t work, hydrogen peroxide dips are always helpful. Be sure to dip outside of the tank :)

coralfishreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Manual removal of the algae with tweezers or a soft brush may help. Also a long coral feeder tube or turkey blaster to gently blast detritus away. More flow may also help.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 24.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 49 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back