Zoanthids please help

I do maybe I should move the zoa up
 
Do you have asterina starfish by any chance? Some species eat zoas..I would know:(
Yuuup. Heres one munching down some $250/pp zoas. Little jerks are all over my tank and always on my zoas.

20190614_204354.jpg 20190614_204343.jpg
 
Literally just pulled this guy off my FM colony. He was on top of one and when i pulled him off the zoa was already half eaten. I HATE ASTERINAS!!!!!

20191110_203514.jpg
 
I did do a freshwater dip to see if anything was hiding to help. But I need to keep a closer eye on the colony
 
I did do a freshwater dip to see if anything was hiding to help. But I need to keep a closer eye on the colony
I wouldn't dip to much. Asterinas are going to be all over the tank so moving the zoas wont help. If you see them, manual removal will help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 49 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new