Zoanthids turning brown?

JakeDaReefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 9, 2026
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
Baton Rouge
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will attach a photo, I have a 32.5 Fluval Flex. With the Marine 3.0 which I know isn’t the best but thought would do for now with soft corals, I have 4 zoas in different locations and all seem to be doing fine except this one which has gone from a light green to a brownish, everything else is doing great and my nitrates phosphates and pH seem to be doing good, what could the issue be?

 
Test results? Usually that is a starving zoa in my experience. Color’s fade as they run low on nitrogen.
 
I would try moving it, as you mention others are in different spots, this one doesn't like his spot. Some pally's/zoa's like higher light so maybe move it closer to the light.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 6.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new