Zoas are not happy

BluTang85

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
hey guys, quick run down. I recently bought a copperband and had to put him in my display due to qt not running correctly and it brought flukes. So I dosed Prazi pro at 2.5 mg which is recommended with first dose, my system total water volume is roughly 165 g. You could tell some of the coral got upset but bounced back, so I let this dos run 7 days did a 30 gal water change and dosed 2.5 mg again. This dose seemed to make zoas shrivel up there not fully closed but there just showing there mouth. I ran the treatment for 6 days and did a 30 g water change and hooked up carbon. I’m curious if anyone else ran into this with Prazi pro, I lost 2 acans aswell, there were fluffy and happy and in one day in a cloud of slime but that’s all I lost.

Current parameters
Alk 9.2
Cal 450
Mag 1320
No3 0——I’m dosing kno3 to raise the level but this is where level was and zoas we’re happy
Po4 .07

I just hooked up the carbon yesterday so hopefully this clears the water and I dipped most of the zoas in coral Rx.

OP
OP
BluTang85

BluTang85

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thanks ya I’m gonna take all the zoas a dip them tomorrow in iodine. Apparently prazi isn’t as reef safe as stated

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks ya I’m gonna take all the zoas a dip them tomorrow in iodine. Apparently prazi isn’t as reef safe as stated
All meds are like that. Your mileage can vary depending on the individual fish, coral or invert. ;)

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 13 14.3%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 39 42.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 34 37.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.3%
Back