Zoas, Here I Come!

MauiAnglerReef

I Love Frogfish
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
499
Reaction score
414
Location
Maui, HI
What state or country do you live in
Hawaii
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So recently if you have been following my tank thread, you will see that I have been discussing whether or not I should collect Zoas from the reef. And with mariner of the month happening, I have made my decision, and sometime this month, I will be collecting some Zoas! I have a few in mind that I want to get, but we’ll see what I can find. The species I am after is the Hawaiian Ding-Dang and the Hawaiian People Eater, and I’ll also keep my eyes out for some brightly colored Zoas that are scattered around the reef. I’ll keep you all updated in this thread and my tank thread!
 
neat! is that legal? also, take precautions against palytoxins, I assume you'll be cutting/ripping them off which can cause the release.
 
neat! is that legal? also, take precautions against palytoxins, I assume you'll be cutting/ripping them off which can cause the release.
Yes, Zoas are tho ONLY coral legal here, and when I collect them I will use gloves, and will be using a snorkel mask.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 20.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new