Zoas Let go of Frag Plug

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had a colony of Sunny D's come off their frag plug a few weeks ago, like the mat let go of the rock that was glued to the plug. I found this odd as they seemed rather healthy so I said screw it and use super glue and glued them back on, they are now growing plenty fine and have spread off the plug so I guess no harm done. Just found it odd and thought id share.

Pola0502ds

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know exactly what your case is but I have found that when fragging zoas it is absolutely best to keep them attached to the rock our plug they grew on and cut that. Then glue that to your new rock or plug. If you frag them and the zoa is not attached to anything, I have found that the zoas have a very hard time sticking to the glue, days, weeks, and even up to a month later. When i first started doing this I would see zoas missing because they didn't encrust over the glue yet and the glue doesn't bond well to flesh very well. I can't see any other case where the mat would just peel away and let go.

OP
OP
Evan West

Evan West

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know exactly what your case is but I have found that when fragging zoas it is absolutely best to keep them attached to the rock our plug they grew on and cut that. Then glue that to your new rock or plug. If you frag them and the zoa is not attached to anything, I have found that the zoas have a very hard time sticking to the glue, days, weeks, and even up to a month later. When i first started doing this I would see zoas missing because they didn't encrust over the glue yet and the glue doesn't bond well to flesh very well. I can't see any other case where the mat would just peel away and let go.
I know this, I had bought the frag from my lfs and then they let go of the rock that they where on that was attached to the plug. I thought it was weird that they did that so I was sharing.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 2 11.1%
Back