Zoas look sus, is this bad?

Koh23

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course, please note that in moment of writing i didnt know volume of tank.

I simply wrote my receipt, one drop for app. 100l of water. As i have around 600l of water volume, display+sump, and that is effective volume, i really doubt that i can overdose with 5 drops daily.....

Maybe it is too much, maybe it is too low, really dont now.

But, in such small tank, dosing is out of question, rather do daily water changes, 10% and dont worry about dosing anything

OP
OP
Obsessed with fish

Obsessed with fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Of course, please note that in moment of writing i didnt know volume of tank.

I simply wrote my receipt, one drop for app. 100l of water. As i have around 600l of water volume, display+sump, and that is effective volume, i really doubt that i can overdose with 5 drops daily.....

Maybe it is too much, maybe it is too low, really dont now.

But, in such small tank, dosing is out of question, rather do daily water changes, 10% and dont worry about dosing anything
Ok, thankyou for your advice!

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is more in "i swear it works, i heard it somewhere" category, but iodine really does the trick for zoas.....

I had some pink zoas, two little heads, for months. More closed than open....
Also green, brown green, they looked ok, but really no growth, this was all small frags,few heads... And stayed that for months.

So, i started to dose iodine, one drop per 100l, every night. Zoas exploded, that little pink now have 9 heads, in about a month, i can swear that its poping new head daily. Red zoas, 2 heads, closed most of time its now 8 head buttons, gorgeous dark red color....

So, maybe this dont have anything with dosing iodine, maybe something else is responsible, but, reall it cannot hurt, few drops daily, and see what happens.
Just make sure you test iodine/iodate if deciding to dose. Can go from good to bad

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best practice is to float, dip, and add directly to the tank, slowly acclimating corals does more harm than good. The sooner you can get them into flowing water so that they can properly respirate, the better. Corals and anemones take in and expel water through diffusion, they are self-acclimating. Fish and anything that has hemoglobin should still be drip acclimated (if in transport for less than a couple hours), especially clams and more sensitive inverts, but corals and anemones should just go directly Into the tank.
I disagree !!!

Back