Zoes

reefer wanna be

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my stuff is hit an miss but ive noticed that from time to time i have a zoa frag that will not open any ideas an its just i also

15386916500555090655812356662744.jpg

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look irritated, does a fish or anything sit there regularly? The tentacles from the large play behind them may also be brushing against them enough to cause irritation.

Oldsalt01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The others seem fine. Zoas can be cranky. It could be a response to the water being too clean although the rest seem fine. It could also be a response to too much light if that particular species likes less light than the others. Amphipods in the tank? Sometimes they can irritate zoas. Give them some time and they may open again. I’ve had mixed results with mine. Mine stopped opening for a couple of weeks because my nitrates went to zero and my leather was starting a war due to not changing the carbon out frequently enough. A carbon change also helped.

OP
OP
reefer wanna be

reefer wanna be

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The others seem fine. Zoas can be cranky. It could be a response to the water being too clean although the rest seem fine. It could also be a response to too much light if that particular species likes less light than the others. Amphipods in the tank? Sometimes they can irritate zoas. Give them some time and they may open again. I’ve had mixed results with mine. Mine stopped opening for a couple of weeks because my nitrates went to zero and my leather was starting a war due to not changing the carbon out frequently enough. A carbon change also helped.
Strangly enough i just started running a cabon sock on my clean side an i found a emrald crab up by them zoes think he is bothering it

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back