Zombie coral!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ianryd
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ianryd

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2018
Messages
427
Reaction score
258
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this coral, not even sure what it is, but it died about 6 months ago. I kept it in my tank anyways cause hey-free calcium from the skeleton. Well, I noticed one little polyp growing back (the green speck in the pic). So should I cut the rest away and put this guy on a frag plug? I dont think anything else is going to grow back. The rest is quite brown.
20190620_123422.jpeg
 
I would leave it in place and let it grow awhile before I cut anything and avoid moving it about.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 10 47.6%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new