Zoo issues

Shtiff1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone please help with my zoas.
The ones on the left, I think they are dragons eyes. Seem to be receding. As the ones on the right, which i think are birds eyes, are growing like crazy all over the rock. Why would one not be doing good and the other flourish?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1380382462180.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1380382462180.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 193
OP
OP
Shtiff1

Shtiff1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what are your parameters? And are you dosing anything?

Salt 1.026
Ph 8.3
Alk 10
Cal 430
Mag 1380
Amm 0
Phosphate .36
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 7

Only dosing Alk 5ml/day,cal 10ml/day.I haven't been doing mag because it has been high and i am letting it come down. That's it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

bknapp

Has been left unattended
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salt 1.026
Ph 8.3
Alk 10
Cal 430
Mag 1380
Amm 0
Phosphate .36
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 7

Only dosing Alk 5ml/day,cal 10ml/day.I haven't been doing mag because it has been high and i am letting it come down. That's it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Your magnesium isn't bad, your phosphates are a little higher than they should be.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a mystery to me too. Some grow fast, others slow. Haven't figured it out yet.

Bubbles_B

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one seems to be addressing the issue correctly. The person is asking for assistance. The Radio active dragon eyes are shrinking and receding. My fought could be an issue with flow. My WWC Laser Lemons reacted in a similar manner although it took several days to get used to its new location.

Speaking of location did you recently move it into that spot?

Are you dosing any elements, vitamins, etc?

What is your livestock, fish, inverts, things like that?

Lastly, yes I agree your phosphates are a bit high do a water 20 percent change it wont hurt. Also, is it tap water that is being used in your system?

Last edited:

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm, we're all commenting on his question. Don't think there's a right or wrong way to do that...

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My lights are 8 - 36 in T5 HO's. Two coral sun, four ocean sun, two marine glow.

Zoas are 19 in. from lights

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I try moving mine around if they're not thriving. Different flow, light, etc. Theres no formula really. Just keep watching them until you find the right spot.

OP
OP
Shtiff1

Shtiff1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No one seems to be addressing the issue correctly. The person is asking for assistance. The Radio active dragon eyes are shrinking and receding. My fought could be an issue with flow. My WWC Laser Lemons reacted in a similar manner although it took several days to get used to its new location.

Speaking of location did you recently move it into that spot?

Are you dosing any elements, vitamins, etc?

What is your livestock, fish, inverts, things like that?

Lastly, yes I agree your phosphates are a bit high do a water 20 percent change it wont hurt. Also, is it tap water that is being used in your system?

Thanks.
I had them on the other side of the tank and noticed that they were not doing as good as the eagle eyes so I moved them next to the eagle eyes. They have been there about 2 months now and they have started this recession in the last week. Only dosing alk, cal, mag. Clowns, wrasse, damsels, fire fish, gobies, tangs, shrimp. Frog spawn, hammers, Pipe organ, duncan, Candy cane, dendro, leathers, mushrooms, Acan, blastos, Coco worm, star polyp, war coral, Hollywood stunner, Monipora, pavona, rock flower, Sabae.
Is there another way to remove phosphate and nitrates. Other than water changes, I currently use chemi pure that gets changed in October. I see a lot of people use gfo or carbon Reactors. Will those deplete the food source of the starfishes or the montipora?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.
I had them on the other side of the tank and noticed that they were not doing as good as the eagle eyes so I moved them next to the eagle eyes. They have been there about 2 months now and they have started this recession in the last week. Only dosing alk, cal, mag. Clowns, wrasse, damsels, fire fish, gobies, tangs, shrimp. Frog spawn, hammers, Pipe organ, duncan, Candy cane, dendro, leathers, mushrooms, Acan, blastos, Coco worm, star polyp, war coral, Hollywood stunner, Monipora, pavona, rock flower, Sabae.
Is there another way to remove phosphate and nitrates. Other than water changes, I currently use chemi pure that gets changed in October. I see a lot of people use gfo or carbon Reactors. Will those deplete the food source of the starfishes or the montipora?

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I have a Dr. P's nitrate medium in my sump that helps with nitrates. I have purigen back there too. Others have used vodka dosing but I've never done that so someone else would have to chime in on whether or not that would be good in your situation. Luckily, zoas are more forgiving with nitrates.

Tenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have too much light for the one on the left (Radio active dragon eyes). Try to move it on the lower light area and leave it there for couple weeks to see it will getting any better.

OP
OP
Shtiff1

Shtiff1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might have too much light for the one on the left (Radio active dragon eyes). Try to move it on the lower light area and leave it there for couple weeks to see it will getting any better.

Thank you i will try that because it was starting to do that on the other side of the tank also, about the same distance from the lights. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Tenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you i will try that because it was starting to do that on the other side of the tank also, about the same distance from the lights. Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR

You couldpPlace it on the other side of the tank on the sand bed

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back