Zoo issues

dadof4

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How close to the Frogspawn? They have a wide reach with their sweeper tentacles and can cause recession like that.

As for lowering the phosphates there are multiple methods. Water change is the number one choice to bring it down in a hurry. GFO is the second choice but takes it down slower and with regular maintenance will keep things in check. On one of my tanks I had a very high phos and need to get it down in a hurry and used phos pads in the sump for 40 hours, Aquarium Filtration & Maintenance: Phosphate Filter Pads. These are only a fast stopgap measure and not really a means of long term control, I started GFO after using them to get the phos down. Bioplastics are another means to get phos down also. It's made for nitrate control but does bring down phos too. Once you get the phos down watch what you are feeding the tank and how much. Some foods have a high phos levels.

OP
OP
Shtiff1

Shtiff1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How close to the Frogspawn? They have a wide reach with their sweeper tentacles and can cause recession like that.

As for lowering the phosphates there are multiple methods. Water change is the number one choice to bring it down in a hurry. GFO is the second choice but takes it down slower and with regular maintenance will keep things in check. On one of my tanks I had a very high phos and need to get it down in a hurry and used phos pads in the sump for 40 hours, Aquarium Filtration & Maintenance: Phosphate Filter Pads. These are only a fast stopgap measure and not really a means of long term control, I started GFO after using them to get the phos down. Bioplastics are another means to get phos down also. It's made for nitrate control but does bring down phos too. Once you get the phos down watch what you are feeding the tank and how much. Some foods have a high phos levels.

Frogspawn is on other side of tank. Nothing has been touching it. Maybe crabs, cucs. I really don't think it is to bad but like you said, use to keep in check. I'll try some chaeto in the tank, because I don't have lights in my sump. Then I'll probably look into a Reactor for some light use of gfo. I love to feed :) I want to make sure everyone is happy. But I will be cutting back. Already started. Thank you

Sent from my DROID RAZR

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frogspawn is on other side of tank. Nothing has been touching it. Maybe crabs, cucs. I really don't think it is to bad but like you said, use to keep in check. I'll try some chaeto in the tank, because I don't have lights in my sump. Then I'll probably look into a Reactor for some light use of gfo. I love to feed :) I want to make sure everyone is happy. But I will be cutting back. Already started. Thank you

Sent from my DROID RAZR

I just took all my crabs out of my tank because they were pestering my zoas to death. Now I just have snails and peppermint shrimp. Good luck!

OP
OP
Shtiff1

Shtiff1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just took all my crabs out of my tank because they were pestering my zoas to death. Now I just have snails and peppermint shrimp. Good luck!

Do you squirt food onto the zoas? Maybe the crabs are getting the leftovers? Bluelegs?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you squirt food onto the zoas? Maybe the crabs are getting the leftovers? Bluelegs?

Sent from my DROID RAZR

It's possible that food was falling on them but I think the crabs just got too big for the tank.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back