Zooanthid care

JKDMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do different color morphs of Zoanthid have different lighting requirements? I have a couple frags of zoa, one is called dragons eye and the other is scrambled eggs. I had them right next to each other and the dragons seem happy and the scrambled eggs don't. I moved the eggs to a little bit higher flow area yesterday, but so far they don't seem any happier. They are reproducing slowly, but often some of the polyps are closed. There is about 7 or 8scrambled eggs and about 20 dragons eyes.. they both started off with about 5 and 9 respectively... any thoughts\insights... thanks

Cannons Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have never had that problem. i think that maybe it is just taking the scrambled eggs longer to adjust to your tank than the dragons eye.

OP
OP
J

JKDMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have never had that problem. i think that maybe it is just taking the scrambled eggs longer to adjust to your tank than the dragons eye.
yea maybe they seem happier at times and less happy others

OP
OP
J

JKDMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
try moving them closer to your lights, also spot feeding something like reefroids never hurts
giving it a try... i used to have some neon blue zoos that i was told needed more light than most morphs. maybe its the same with the scrambled eggs. i do have a low par light... only about 40 par at the substrate, which is where i have them sitting

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 90 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 71 34.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 32 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 12 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back