OP
zoomonster

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a new powder blue tang some weeks ago and he was much smaller than expected. My purple tang tried to kill him and I had to scoop him out and was keeping in an acclimation box where he was going stir crazy. Pretty fat and eating like a pig but still too small for the 200g. Anyway, the other day I plopped him into this tank where he is doing very well and even with the BTA's he has plenty of room to move. He's got some growing to do but one day soon I'll have to move him back to the 200. These have always been my favorite tang.

pbtang1.jpg
Well, I've had pretty good luck with fish lately but true to their reputation this little guy blew up with ich and died yesterday. Right up to that point he was porking down mysis and nori. I was using polyp lab medic and I did manage to catch him the day before and did a freshwater dip and he looked better. Wasn't eating and dead a day later. :disappointed-face: Next time is definitely going to be a larger one. Still treating the 32g but nothing phases that old clown.

Ottoson

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for your input, I really appreciate it. I'm going to take your advice. Here is a gif of my tank now with plastic anemone I am going to replace with a real one once I changed powerhead to Ecotec with a anemone guard.
Sump Image.jpg
20230803_111529.jpg

New decor.gif

OP
OP
zoomonster

zoomonster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I've had pretty good luck with fish lately but true to their reputation this little guy blew up with ich and died yesterday. Right up to that point he was porking down mysis and nori. I was using polyp lab medic and I did manage to catch him the day before and did a freshwater dip and he looked better. Wasn't eating and dead a day later. :disappointed-face: Next time is definitely going to be a larger one. Still treating the 32g but nothing phases that old clown.
I misspoke on that one. I said ich but the outbreak was velvet and within a day it also got my 10yo female clown. I guess the other clown I have not been able to catch in my 200 was the lucky one. Still not sure how it occurred. They both came from my 200g which is clean and full of healthy fish. Regardless the 32g is still being treated and will remain with just rock and RBTA's for sometime.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 177 72.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 6.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 46 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back