zooxanthellae or poop?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Pvtgloss
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Pvtgloss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2022
Messages
2,282
Reaction score
3,312
Location
Asheville
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The torch has been through a lot of changes in the past few weeks. After the tank transfer it stayed closed. I noticed that in the morning flow schedule it was extending and by the afternoon flow schedule it was closed. So I lowered flow a little and it's been having good extension throughout the whole day.
I do feel like it's a little paler than usual. I was a little worried it was bleaching so I lowered the lights. It was at 100-115 par and I lowered the lights to 90-100 par.
After the transfer the nutrients changed with all the new water.
No3 was 15ppm and now it's 6.9ppm
Po4 was .16ppm and now it's .1ppm
Alk, cal, mag and salinity have all been stable.
Basically everything changed a little. Flow, light and nutrients. All the other corals look great. There's a hammer next to it that is always fully extended and great colors.
I'm hoping he's just taking a crap, lol.

20240128_193308.jpg
 
It's dropping a duece
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new