OP
OP
Zach W

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wonderful tank and a solid selection of hardware. Also, great coral choices.
If I may add my opinion on your livestock list: add the flame hawkfish and watchman goby last or towards the end. The rest of your livestock choices tend to be timid so letting them settle in and get comfortable with the territory before adding the more boisterous species can help the overall balance of personalities. Make sure that lid's on before the wrasses go in, too.
Thanks for the feedback! I have been going back and forth on the idea of getting a flame hawkfish. I like having a peaceful tank and want to have all of the fish out and about as much as possible so I’ve been considering swapping the flame hawk for a longnose hawk or just ditch hawkfish all together. I have heard alot about their personality though which would be the positive side of having one.
I am also toying with the idea of adding a small tomini tang as well as a dwarf angelfish, likely flameback or coral beauty. We’ll see how things play out though!

OP
OP
Zach W

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went a bit over budget at my LFS yesterday… came home with a couple torches and some scolys!
8E2203A2-D7F2-4C9D-B10D-F227521D53E1.jpeg

A58605EF-1AF6-4140-B814-AA4387A54038.jpeg

Also got confirmation that my ClearView lid has shipped so I should be all set for when the wrasses come in!

OP
OP
Zach W

Zach W

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't had an update in a quite a long time, so I wanted to show the current state of the tank. The tank is almost 9 months old to the day and I have had some ups and down over that time. Overall I am very happy at the current state of the tank and I am more or less in grow out mode. I have a couple of spots left that I can throw in some pieces but I want to leave enough space to grow into some bigger colonies. Enjoy some full spectrum photos!

IMG_0078.jpeg

IMG_0088.jpeg

IMG_0087.jpeg

IMG_0086.jpeg

IMG_0085.jpeg

IMG_0084.jpeg

IMG_0083.jpeg

IMG_0082.jpeg

IMG_0080.jpeg

IMG_0091.jpeg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 34.7%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 16.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back