☆☆ - Fall Grow-Out Contest - Blue Ghost Picture Entries - ☆☆

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
0 Day @StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer @Reefing102
Received 11/08
IMG_0084.jpeg

alpacaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@StatelineReefer @BranchingHammer @Reefing102

Month 1 update! 4mm of growth in 3 weeks (25mm Day 0 to 29mm), This is my replacement/v2 Blue Ghost, and it's definitely been the most challenging coral of the 3 for me so far. It looks dead to the naked eye, but as you can see in the zoomed in shot there's still some flesh so I've got my fingers crossed it pulls through. I've also included a current shot of my original/v1 Blue Ghost- something I plan to continue doing until it's absolutely bleached out.

ICP test, apex stats, and FTS attached for anyone curious on my tank stats and frag placement.

Note there's a lot of messed up stuff on the ICP test (Fe and Al especially), and I'm chasing down the culprits. I'm 3 weeks into the Reef Moonshiner's method (just daily dosers so far), and all the correction elements show up tomorrow and I'm excited for that! No vitamins or reef mud yet, I'll probably order those in a month.

I've got my Radion G6 XR15 Blues on full performance of WWC's SPS 1500G tank, and the G6 XR30 Blue in the center is on a 60-day acclimation ramp up to an end goal of ~500 par in the center of the tank @ 12" depth.

I'm still trying to see which of the contest frags like what kind of light in my tank, and I've got some center-aisle spots reserved for them for final placement once I figure out what they like.

I've included a zoomed in shot for fun, and also to really see the flesh, polyp, and coralite health each month.

Month 1 Blue Ghost v2.png

Month 1 Blue Ghost v2 zoom.png

My replacement Blue Ghost arrived today (thanks Adam!), the one above ended up being DoA. Here’s my *new* day 0 submission:
IMG_9626.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9671.jpg
    IMG_9671.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_9699.jpg
    IMG_9699.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 14
  • Month 1 Blue Ghost v1.png
    Month 1 Blue Ghost v1.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
  • Month 1 FTS.png
    Month 1 FTS.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 14

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Month 1 update! 4mm of growth in 3 weeks (25mm Day 0 to 29mm), This is my replacement/v2 Blue Ghost, and it's definitely been the most challenging coral of the 3 for me so far. It looks dead to the naked eye, but as you can see in the zoomed in shot there's still some flesh so I've got my fingers crossed it pulls through. I've also included a current shot of my original/v1 Blue Ghost- something I plan to continue doing until it's absolutely bleached out.

ICP test, apex stats, and FTS attached for anyone curious on my tank stats and frag placement.

Note there's a lot of messed up stuff on the ICP test (Fe and Al especially), and I'm chasing down the culprits. I'm 3 weeks into the Reef Moonshiner's method (just daily dosers so far), and all the correction elements show up tomorrow and I'm excited for that! No vitamins or reef mud yet, I'll probably order those in a month.

I've got my Radion G6 XR15 Blues on full performance of WWC's SPS 1500G tank, and the G6 XR30 Blue in the center is on a 60-day acclimation ramp up to an end goal of ~500 par in the center of the tank @ 12" depth.

I'm still trying to see which of the contest frags like what kind of light in my tank, and I've got some center-aisle spots reserved for them for final placement once I figure out what they like.

I've included a zoomed in shot for fun, and also to really see the flesh, polyp, and coralite health each month.

Month 1 Blue Ghost v2.png

Month 1 Blue Ghost v2 zoom.png
I am also running the shine. Just got my second test back. Been dosing about a month. Good luck!

Jasonak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
https://maps.app.goo.gl/m8dA7ejkn7hk7CWZ8
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blue Ghost, and it's definitely been the most challenging coral of the 3 for me so far. It looks dead to the naked eye, but as you can see in the zoomed in shot there's still some flesh so I've got my fingers crossed it pulls through. I've also included a current shot of my original/v1 Blue Ghost- something I plan to continue doing until it's absolutely bleached out.

My ghost is the least happy in my tank,,,no PE but it has color and no tissue loss. Its just POd I guess :p Banzai and the Troll right next to it both seem happy so we will just have to see if he snaps out of it :)

Tompickles

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my replacement ghost today and it looked much better than the first frag. I’ll post pic in the next day or two when I get free time to take it

Back