00W's AIO Smorgasbord

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remember about 8 years ago a husband of a nurse that worked with my wife put in a new air conditioner and furnace for us. His company did commercial, hotels , restaurants etc. He was in his mid forties. I asked him about younger workers getting in the trades and he said he was the youngest one at his company.
I think that depends on where we live, but I can tell you that I always go to different stores to pick up equipment and different things and I rarely see people my age or younger.

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are no young cooks to hire/help me, especially with what I do.
We're not McDonald's I actually have to cook.
My helper is 47, my dishwasher 63.
I'm 55.
That's 165 years old in the kitchen :astonished-face:
That’s it , I’m quitting my job and coming out to work for you and help push that number way over 200 years.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little bit of tank maintenance today.
Sun is shing and windows are open.
Cleaned powerheads now they work lol so turned them down.
5 gallon only change got up some debris from the big tank.
Not much but I still like interacting with my buddies :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes: ;)

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, It takes big boy or big girl pants to admit defeat and try again and to share it....Be careful of those who seem to never had a bad day and say they know it all with a tank etc..Everyone on this thread is not afraid to admit defeat and be honest.
Raises hand! Admitting complete defeat right now.

Anyone wanna come over and help me clean my algae and re-glue the frags that fell off when I dropped the acclimation box on a row of corals last week while releasing the blue-side wrasse.

Tank looks so bad and all it really needs is a little scrubbing- just don’t have the energy. Very hard to look at it all day long.

Gonna go get rdy to drive in commuter traffic for radiation.

Ok, done whining. Putting on my big girl pants and remember how blessed I actually am.

If I have tacos today, it would be 4 days in a row. Hehe.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to clean out the sump these next days off I got starting today. May rearrange some component's, build a felt/sponge tray out of acrylic to filter the water before the 100 pounds of live rock. Got the new gfo reactor ready to install. May remove the tunze 9410 secondary skimmer and add the reef octopus 110 skimmer as my secondary skimmer for my ozone reactors. The new 300 INT skimmer works great..
I would love to see that sponge tray once it’s done. I’m toying with reconfiguring my sump to have a larger filter floss section.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a little bit of tank maintenance today.
Sun is shing and windows are open.
Cleaned powerheads now they work lol so turned them down.
5 gallon only change got up some debris from the big tank.
Not much but I still like interacting with my buddies :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes: ;)
Sounds like a lovely day - especially the sunshine

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Anyone wanna come over and help me clean my algae and re-glue the frags that fell off when I dropped the acclimation box on a row of corals last week while releasing the blue-side wrasse.

Tank looks so bad and all it really needs is a little scrubbing- just don’t have the energy. Very hard to look at it all day long.

Ok, done whining. Putting on my big girl pants and remember how blessed I actually am.

I would happily do it for you if I were not on the other side of the country

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would also be there in a heartbeat if you were down the street. :smiling-face-with-smiling-eyes:

luis angel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
work finished for today, I was driving when I found a Petco and I went in out of curiosity, they had IO purple bucket for $80, I don't know if that is the regular price but I'm going to go to a lfs that is closer to home because that Petco is about 50 minutes from my house

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
work finished for today, I was driving when I found a Petco and I went in out of curiosity, they had IO purple bucket for $80, I don't know if that is the regular price but I'm going to go to a lfs that is closer to home because that Petco is about 50 minutes from my house
Go online and order they will ship it to your house for free.

OP
OP
00W

00W

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_20240423_132425_Chrome.jpg

Calmwaters

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UGHHHH I used soda ash to increase my DKH. Well I overdosed and went from 5.9 to 20!!!!!!!

I don’t have time for a water change for 24 hours. Should I expect fish and invert death?

Rookie mistake
I'm sorry I don't have an answer for you hopefully someone more experienced will be along soon.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back