OP
OP
kbourque

kbourque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that's the reactors I'm getting. I basically have a brs rodi system now lol. Makes about 5 gallons an hour instead of 2 hours now. And the reactors make it seem so much easier to change the media it's a no brainer. Still waiting on qt to cycle can't wait to get a fish lol. I'll need to eventually set up a coral qt, but I wanna make sure that I can get my water parameters steady first.

OP
OP
kbourque

kbourque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few in mind lawnmower blenny, sailfin, hippo, yellow, and maybe naso tang, copper band butterfly, pair of red dragonettes or manderans will be a while before I get those though. Haven't done a lot of research on which fish I want, guess it's about that time though. Lol I'm sure I'll wind up with a few not listed as I go to the lfs once or twice a month.

Feltman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Def make a list do the research and don't limit urself to what u see in the stores there are plenty of online stores or most lfs will special order. I'd Def recomend planning instead of just going to the store and not leaving without something.

OP
OP
kbourque

kbourque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I tend to read online a lot lately it's been about tank cycling and algae. The dt is def finished cycling the diatoms are taking off so fast that you can almost watch the spots grow lol. I need to get a cleanup crew to start I guess. Qt tank is still cycling so I have plenty time to do research to find the fish I want.

OP
OP
kbourque

kbourque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a couple snails

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1433017330.203284.jpg

Updated pic of the sump area

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1433017435.417798.jpg

Got me a small chunk of live rock to help cycle the qt tank

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1433017493.162193.jpg

If you ever break the suction cup off your wave maker foam works great lol

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1433017577.188992.jpg

OP
OP
kbourque

kbourque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to the lfs got a couple 10$ zoa frags,cleaner shrimp, pink margarita snails, tiger sand conch, and a small 2" rbta. Drip acclimated it all added it to the tank everything looked really happy rbta opened up quickly zoas soon after that cleaner shrimp claimed some real estate lol. Woke up to bad news this am went to the tank and heard my gyre making a loud noise thinking it was going bad cus I can never hear it before and it was kinda loud. And I turned the flow down before lights went out so I can make sure everything would get settled in, and now I'm thinking I shouldn't have done that. After the lights went out I checked the tank one last time and noticed the nem had moved. Well turned on the lights to figure out what the noise is and the rbta got shredded and stuck in the gyre. Kinda made me sick cus it was 60$ for the little guy, and only got to enjoy it for a night. There are two pieces of it that I could find one looks promising keeping a close eye on it. I really hope one of the prices make it I put it in a net in the sump. Any advice?

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1433598713.596397.jpg

OP
OP
kbourque

kbourque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Few pics best I could get with the iPhone 6 no camera unfortunately

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1433651832.204772.jpg

Other one I bought was orange not sure of the names on them can't get a pic cus it didn't reall stay open long today.

OP
OP
kbourque

kbourque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1433693847.053917.jpg

Looks like I got a little ammonia in there but have some prime on hand so will dose it and test again when I get home from the beach.

OP
OP
kbourque

kbourque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flushed the nem don't wanna take any chances losing the rest [emoji17]

OP
OP
kbourque

kbourque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since the nem problem I'm prepared this time wrapped the gyre in plastic mesh. Had to turn it up to 50% to compensate a little flow loss but it works perfect. Anyone out there with a nem and a gyre I would def suggest doing this.

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1433899355.223499.jpg

ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1433899426.803924.jpg

OP
OP
kbourque

kbourque

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was up till 2 am this morning with a leaky bulkhead that wouldn't unscrew. Talk about a head ache. Realized I cut my holes in the plywood to small to get a wrench in. I'll never get a RR tank again next time I'm drilling holes in the side. Had to wind up cutting a bigger hole in the bottom so I could get my bolt cutters in there to cut the nut. Kinda makes me wanna change all the bulkheads, but like they say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 45 57.7%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back