OP
OP
childress5tyler

childress5tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is completely plumbed and things are looking good! I've been tossing around the idea of doing a custom made ceramic background to cover the back wall and right wall (since the right wall will be right up against a wall). Does anybody know of any good places that could make one? Or if ways that I could make one myself?

OP
OP
childress5tyler

childress5tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little hump day bump for y'all!

Ordered my RODI & ATO today also.

IMG_4374.JPG

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DIY forum has a diy rock thread you might be interested in reading. Lots of ways to do your own rock (including my way) ;p The best way to do something like this pic is to create a mold. But you need to get an understanding how to make the rock first.

OP
OP
childress5tyler

childress5tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The DIY forum has a diy rock thread you might be interested in reading. Lots of ways to do your own rock (including my way) ;p The best way to do something like this pic is to create a mold. But you need to get an understanding how to make the rock first.

Thanks for the reply. How would you go about creating a mold to match this structure?

Ds04384

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a wall I did for a corner tank. The gaps in the wall on both sides were made to match the powerheads used. You have to have an eye for finding the ones that will fit together just right to form a continuous wall and it takes a lot of time, but it can look great.
IMG_1867.JPG
IMG_1866.JPG

OP
OP
childress5tyler

childress5tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a wall I did for a corner tank. The gaps in the wall on both sides were made to match the powerheads used. You have to have an eye for finding the ones that will fit together just right to form a continuous wall and it takes a lot of time, but it can look great.
IMG_1867.JPG
IMG_1866.JPG

Looks great! Did you just crush pukani rock into rubble and piece it together?

Ds04384

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great idea. How did you fasten it to your wall? Straight adhesive or did you use egg crate?

Best way is to cut them using a saw blade made for that type of material and then you can silicone them directly to the tank

OP
OP
childress5tyler

childress5tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1867.JPG
IMG_1866.JPG

Well this has just given me direction on how I'm gonna handle my aquascape. I'm gonna mimic this on the back wall and one side wall, and do. a bonsai tree-like aquascape structure to match. Looking forward to this one

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 75 35.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 57 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 66 31.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.8%
Back