OP
OP
childress5tyler

childress5tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate you input but I'm going to go with live rock. It'll be out of water for 36 hours maximum which won't affect the rock whatsoever. Regarding live sand, I'm going bare bottom so no sand for me.

Well I agree but if the live rock is out of water for to long it will die

Just use live sand and live rock for like the island or whatever and for the back wall use dead live rock this way ur not rushing to get the back wall done and end up taking longer to cycle the tank just my opinion

It's ur tank

OP
OP
childress5tyler

childress5tyler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm at a standstill right now on what I can work on. It'll be late June until this is has water in it so with that on the horizon I'm looking for suggestions on what I can do in preparation. I'll be buying the light and mount in next two weeks, sand refractometer, salt, and other miscellaneous stuff between now and then.

Any suggestions on what there is to work on right now until it is filled with water?

Sm51498

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given the time you have now, why not finish your wall with dry rock and then get it curing, cycling and seed it with live rock? Save some time and money that way plus give you something to do.

Ds04384

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Given the time you have now, why not finish your wall with dry rock and then get it curing, cycling and seed it with live rock? Save some time and money that way plus give you something to do.

Agreed. I will be making my rock wall similar to the other one I posted probably in a month or so. I will be posting pics on my build thread so you can check that out if you want to decide then.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 8.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 48 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.0%
Back