450 Hurricane Harvey Redemption build

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a Tunze wavebox to the display this morning. Can’t believe the wave it produces in this size tank. Had it on one of my frag tanks for about 2 years and love the flow it provides for all the corals.

Looks like it added some great flow to your tank!

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you like the 42” front to back I was considering this but kinda decided on 36”
I really like it. The tank I had prior was 36" and seemed deep. The only complaint I have is water clarity looking thru 42" of water is difficult to keep clear. Kinda a pain to reach anything without getting wet, but I'm used to it.

ryan265

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know it’s going to be a good build when you see the whole front door removed just to get the tank in the house. Haha

Can’t wait to see this come together.
I thought the same thing...a man that is serious about his project.

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved the water change station into the garage from the barn. Should make water changes and top offs so much easier. Hauling 5 gallon buckets for the top off got old real quick.
Water Station.jpg

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a change to the skimmer last week. Pulled the Mag 9.5 pump off and replaced it with a Vectra L1 spare I had. Really seeing a big difference in the skim with the larger pump. All the nasty.

skim.jpg
skim1.jpg

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Took some pics yesterday evening. Still with the Iphone... and didn't make it home in time to capture them with the halides on.
1-20 1.jpg
1-20 2.jpg
1-20 3.jpg
1-20 4.jpg
1-20 5.jpg
Haven't broke out the real camera yet. Juggling twins leaves very little time these days.

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have lost a few pieces since the transfer. The ones I've lost seem to all be smaller size frags for whatever reason.

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been worried about these numbers. Started dosing vodka to the system at about half the recommended dose. Keeping a eye on these parameters and will see what the vodka dosing does to the system over the next couple of weeks. May bump up the dosage if I don't see much change in a week or two.
1-30-24 nutrients.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back