OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been testing the parameters every 3 days or so lately. Started dosing brightwells nitrates to attempt to raise the nitrate and lower the phosphates. Been doing this for the past two weeks and P04 hasn't changed much at all.

test.jpg

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... I decided now is a good time to get the refugium going on this tank. The rock has been in the sump since the start. Just added the refugium light with some cheato into the 1st chamber. I will test in a couple of days and see what changes if any.
cheato.jpg
Live rock.jpg
sump.jpg

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Been testing the parameters every 3 days or so lately. Started dosing brightwells nitrates to attempt to raise the nitrate and lower the phosphates. Been doing this for the past two weeks and P04 hasn't changed much at all.

test.jpg
I've been having similar issues with my PO4 and NO3. I've been able to slowly raise the trates, but my phos won't budge.

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been having similar issues with my PO4 and NO3. I've been able to slowly raise the trates, but my phos won't budge.
I was hesitant to focus to much on the numbers, but the Phosphates are worrying me. Not noticing any ill effects from it, but the tank is also "newish". I'm hoping that the fuge will take off and it will get back in line. We will see in a couple of days I guess. Really don't want to run GFO on the tank and strip it but worst case that will be the last resort.

I would consider a water change, but I haven't moved my reservoirs back in the garage. They are still in the frag tank room over 100' away. Makes it kinda difficult right now. Hoping over the Holidays I'll be able to work on setting everything back up in my garage.

OP
OP
Dmax

Dmax

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a Tunze wavebox to the display this morning. Can’t believe the wave it produces in this size tank. Had it on one of my frag tanks for about 2 years and love the flow it provides for all the corals.

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 23 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 33 37.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.6%
Back