Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Must have frags of leathers!

looks good bro.
Thank you so much as I will be clipping some next moth or so as these guys grow fast.
I got some really killer Rock flower nems coming tomorrow from AquaSD and I won a contest they had for a ultra zoa frag pack.
I went ahead and got another urchin also.
No3 - 2
Po4 - .03
My cleanup crew is really working

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much as I will be clipping some next moth or so as these guys grow fast.
I got some really killer Rock flower nems coming tomorrow from AquaSD and I won a contest they had for a ultra zoa frag pack.
No3 - 2
Po4 - .03
Sweet, sweet and sweet lol.

Little trick for the RFA, if you want them to stay where you put them, using small pipe end caps to place them in and then place those in the sand works great. Not 100% but is a cheap "worth a try". Usually 3/4" ones and 1" ones work for smaller RFA (2-3"when opened)

Need to see pics of the them when they get settled in also. Love me some nems lol.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet, sweet and sweet lol.

Little trick for the RFA, if you want them to stay where you put them, using small pipe end caps to place them in and then place those in the sand works great. Not 100% but is a cheap "worth a try". Usually 3/4" ones and 1" ones work for smaller RFA (2-3"when opened)

Need to see pics of the them when they get settled in also. Love me some nems lol.
I am so stoked right now!!! I have my dad on the way right now to get a few 3/4 and some 1in and going to move some of the ruble in the sand and try to make a garden as I have 8 coming.
I think we are going to get 8 of each size just in case.
I assume the rounded ones are okay?
Here are some of the one I got coming
8608833b606b9a2b0e306fecbd382d8c.png

8e10531b69863e95deb7da449c489b32.png

10aec1bc101dc3e51d15927e33890aee.png

8a35aac9613dfd24d52bacdabed1c890.png

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so stoked right now!!! I have my dad on the way right now to get a few 3/4 and some 1in and going to move some of the ruble in the sand and try to make a garden as I have 8 coming.
I think we are going to get 8 of each size just in case.
I assume the rounded ones are okay?
Here are some of the one I got coming
8608833b606b9a2b0e306fecbd382d8c.png

8e10531b69863e95deb7da449c489b32.png

10aec1bc101dc3e51d15927e33890aee.png

8a35aac9613dfd24d52bacdabed1c890.png
Rounded pipe end caps are perfect. I take 600 grit sandpaper and sand any rough edges around the rim of the caps, but it is not really needed. If you think about it, rocks are not sanded and they sit next to them with no issues lol.

Those are awesome btw.

miyags

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No3 - 2
Po4 - .03
When you decide to bite the bullet, and cut the foot off of that neon green toadstool top left, PM Me. :)

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so the current is double what I ran on this tank for a year and i'm seeing so much polyp extension and color.
I have only one spot that gets a little red dusting of cyano but thats slowly going away and with the current like it is the rock is blasted constantly so no cyano problems anywhere else.
Been feeding Red Sea AB+ but only 3 days a week as I want to keep my nutrients in check.
Speaking of nutrients, I started 2 weeks ago adding Microbacter clean only about 3 days a week as I didn't want to drop my No3 or Po4 to low. I am using it as competition for any algae that might want to pop up.
No3 is nice now @ 3.5ppm(I want 5 but not gonna chase numbers)
Po4 is staying at .03 to .05 so thats been real good
The auto water change is doing 2.5gal a day from 4-6am every morning so that helps a lot.

Here is a full tank from today 3/20/22 and you can see the coral has responded nicely
IMG_0658.JPG

I NEED A NEW FISH WHAT SHOULD I GET?????? GIVE ME IDEAS!!!

Speaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay so the current is double what I ran on this tank for a year and i'm seeing so much polyp extension and color.
I have only one spot that gets a little red dusting of cyano but thats slowly going away and with the current like it is the rock is blasted constantly so no cyano problems anywhere else.
Been feeding Red Sea AB+ but only 3 days a week as I want to keep my nutrients in check.
Speaking of nutrients, I started 2 weeks ago adding Microbacter clean only about 3 days a week as I didn't want to drop my No3 or Po4 to low. I am using it as competition for any algae that might want to pop up.
The auto water change is doing 2.5gal a day from 4-6am every morning so that helps a lot.

Here is a full tank from today 3/20/22 and you can see the coral has responded nicely
IMG_0658.JPG

I have had good luck with wrasses. Melanarus, yellow coris, fairy wrasses. I am getting a blue star leopard wrasse at some point. I love my midas blenny and blonde Naso Tang. They all eat frozen food out of my hand except my squaretail bristletooth tang.

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had good luck with wrasses. Melanarus, yellow coris, fairy wrasses. I am getting a blue star leopard wrasse at some point. I love my midas blenny and blonde Naso Tang. They all eat frozen food out of my hand except my squaretail bristletooth tang.
Those are good options especially a tang. I am thinking of looking at what @Dr. Reef has and get something from him.
I like the idea of getting a pre quarantined fish or even captive.

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IMG_0658.JPG

That tank needs a yellow eye kole!

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah those guys are pretty awesome. I have to get one pre quarantined as I don't have a fish quarantine system because I don't buy fish lol.

I must have some luck I do rescues and don't get any diseases. I used to do a non-medicated 76 day quarantine and quit due to lack of space. I might start doing it again in the new room but, I doubt I will be buying any fish anytime soon. I have more than I planned on already.

Speaker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are good options especially a tang. I am thinking of looking at what @Dr. Reef has and get something from him.
I like the idea of getting a pre quarantined fish or even captive.
Ive used dr. Reef and TSMaquatics. Was much more impressed with tsmaquatics. I just used a 20g long for qt. Copper power, metroplex, and prazi. I hate prazi though. If something is going to die its usually right after prazi. I would use general cure instead. Also heard the prazi powder isnt as bad as the liquid.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 62 34.1%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back