Another Build Thread You Won't Read

michealprater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today model number 4. Notice a weird cut out. Thinking maybe they can't get the concept that the lid is going to sit inside the eurobrace. I have sent many many photos. No one is relaying the info. No one understands the info. Begged for money back, no dice. WORST COMPANY EVER. Thought I was talking to tyler actually Rafael. Rafael doesn't send photos or dimensions to anyone. Rafael is a waste of time pretending to be working on your lid when in fact he does nothing but close a sale. Company holding me ransom for $140. Won't give them my $140 stuck with them because they refuse to give me back my money. Angry enough to spit fire.
Guess I won’t be using them. I was in the market too. So there is a lost sale for them.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I won’t be using them. I was in the market too. So there is a lost sale for them.
It is such a weird system. I was mislead from the moment they texted me. I was under the assumption this Rafael and I were going over how I wanted my lid, and when I sent money via the link he sent me, that my model would be made for me to approve within a few days. None of that happened. In fact, the models show that my diagrams, photos, and requests were either ignored or not received.

I don't understand why it is going so wrong. That 30% is a way to hold you over the fire. It's like yeah we suck, but you either pay us to suck and go your merry way or stick with us.

ScottD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is such a weird system. I was mislead from the moment they texted me. I was under the assumption this Rafael and I were going over how I wanted my lid, and when I sent money via the link he sent me, that my model would be made for me to approve within a few days. None of that happened. In fact, the models show that my diagrams, photos, and requests were either ignored or not received.

I don't understand why it is going so wrong. That 30% is a way to hold you over the fire. It's like yeah we suck, but you either pay us to suck and go your merry way or stick with us.
Can you dispute it with your credit card company?

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you dispute it with your credit card company?
Done.

Pods came in today. She's a local. Also a bag of phyto to feed these pods. To be honest not sure how to use this live phyto stuff. I dont have corals so it might be overkill for a few thousand pods.

20240221_134844.jpg
Thanks for the warning, I bet these are carb free though.

Since my hermits killed all the snails in the holding tank I ordered a fresh batch of victims. Also, ordered an ICP test. Next on the list after I get the icp test results back. Adding more fish. Tonight I am going to address these leaky crap Chinese fake loc line and add real loc line with some Vivid Creative Aquatics random flow generators. SCA uses a weird loc line size, no one on the facebook page could tell me what I needed to convert it. VCA knew and was more than happy to give me the information as they were familiar with the tank. Now that's great customer service and I wasn't even a customer yet!

My rocks are green. Like really green. It sort of happened overnight. It went from the normal dusting tank uglies, to full on ALL SURFACES GREEN NOW. The urchin is in heaven and has left a lovely maze behind in the sand and rocks. The murderous hermit gangbangers were working on a thicker bit when I peaked in before work.

Going to run sockless for a few days for the pods. I should one of these days see if this icebox algae scrubber thing is doing anything.

So that is where I am at.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done.

Pods came in today. She's a local. Also a bag of phyto to feed these pods. To be honest not sure how to use this live phyto stuff. I dont have corals so it might be overkill for a few thousand pods.

20240221_134844.jpg

Since my hermits killed all the snails in the holding tank I ordered a fresh batch of victims. Also, ordered an ICP test. Next on the list after I get the icp test results back. Adding more fish. Tonight I am going to address these leaky crap Chinese fake loc line and add real loc line with some Vivid Creative Aquatics random flow generators. SCA uses a weird loc line size, no one on the facebook page could tell me what I needed to convert it. VCA knew and was more than happy to give me the information as they were familiar with the tank. Now that's great customer service and I wasn't even a customer yet!

My rocks are green. Like really green. It sort of happened overnight. It went from the normal dusting tank uglies, to full on ALL SURFACES GREEN NOW. The urchin is in heaven and has left a lovely maze behind in the sand and rocks. The murderous hermit gangbangers were working on a thicker bit when I peaked in before work.

Going to run sockless for a few days for the pods. I should one of these days see if this icebox algae scrubber thing is doing anything.

@Vivid Creative Aquatics is the best! With the Phytoplankton just feed a bit a couple times a day. Should be all good.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Done.

20240221_134844.jpg

Glad we could help.

Yeah, that JYIPN brand hose that comes on the SCA tanks is an odd one for sure and is just slightly different than all the other versions our there

Either way - whether you choose to replace it, or to stay with it, our Flex-Sereis Random Flow Generator® Nozzle will fit it. IN fact that's one of the main benefits of the new Flex-Series - they fit all similar size modular hose - not nit Loc-Line brand hose.

With that said - We know more about modular hoses and proprietary and unique aquarium tank fitting than almost anyone in the industry. You have a tough one - there a good chance we have already solved how to add an RFG to it... LOL

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad we could help.

Yeah, that JYIPN brand hose that comes on the SCA tanks is an odd one for sure and is just slightly different than all the other versions our there

Either way - whether you choose to replace it, or to stay with it, our Flex-Sereis Random Flow Generator® Nozzle will fit it. IN fact that's one of the main benefits of the new Flex-Series - they fit all similar size modular hose - not nit Loc-Line brand hose.

With that said - We know more about modular hoses and proprietary and unique aquarium tank fitting than almost anyone in the industry. You have a tough one - there a good chance we have already solved how to add an RFG to it... LOL
The nozzles are working great. Took a minute to prevent the air bubble sucking up thing, but now they are working great. Super easy to stick on the loc line.

All leaks on loc line gone and with the random flow nozzles, there is waaaay more flow. There is no longer back pressure on the pump. So my plumbing is louder than I want. I was thinking of dialing back the DC pump, but maybe not. What happened is I used too many elbows because of space issues so air is allowing water to slosh. To eliminate this I would have to change out to soft line. Not a deal breaker and maybe in the future I do it. For now I crank the TV up like I am at Mee Maws house watching the Wheel.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Algae scrubber is not growing anything however the screen is a tiny bit green looking. Hard to tell in the dark because I still haven't bought under cabinet lighting.
Did you rough up the screen with a grinder or course sand paper? It helps tremendously… not sure why the factory doesn’t do it

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you rough up the screen with a grinder or course sand paper? It helps tremendously… not sure why the factory doesn’t do it
I did not. Someone here had a review and he didn't rough his up and it grows just fine. Another reason I did not is because I imagine roughed up would be harder to clean. I'm not totally concerned yet because it is a new tank. I'm going to give it a few more weeks. Then I'll try it.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, at this point don't care if toplids keeps 30% just want my money back. They are currently completely ignoring my demands for a refund. Even partial.

Tonight I am really going to try to dial in this air slosh in the pipe sound. It was much quieter until I shut everything down to mess with the return lines.

Did I mention this tank is green.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, at this point don't care if toplids keeps 30% just want my money back. They are currently completely ignoring my demands for a refund. Even partial.

Tonight I am really going to try to dial in this air slosh in the pipe sound. It was much quieter until I shut everything down to mess with the return lines.

Did I mention this tank is green.
You’re not the first and won’t be the last it seems with this issue… I’ve seen a few threads and know a person personally in your situation… sucks because they make a nice product and I use to recommend them to my peeps begging me to make them a lid lol..

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going to hijack someone else's build thread but she had a happy nice soul and I'll just keep my crazy crap over here. So this Top Lids.
Definitely can't be talking about me. Though I do tone down the rage much better the last few months...
I had a good come back but the forum blocked most of it. I'm not about to get banned for a bit.
You'll get a few wrist slaps and deleted comments first.... ask me how I know
Yesterday 3 models sent by top lids all wrong. Nothing Tyler and I talked about was right. After explaining again what I was looking for no new models came. Meanwhile clear view lids, model approved this morning. I ordered on Monday morning.
Angry Inside Out GIF by Disney Pixar

Today model number 4. Notice a weird cut out. Thinking maybe they can't get the concept that the lid is going to sit inside the eurobrace. I have sent many many photos. No one is relaying the info. No one understands the info. Begged for money back, no dice. WORST COMPANY EVER. Thought I was talking to tyler actually Rafael. Rafael doesn't send photos or dimensions to anyone. Rafael is a waste of time pretending to be working on your lid when in fact he does nothing but close a sale. Company holding me ransom for $140. Won't give them my $140 stuck with them because they refuse to give me back my money. Angry enough to spit fire.
Everything about my experience with them matches this. The entire process would have gone more smoothly if operated by 3 monkeys in a trench coat.

Anyway, I'm here. Get ready to regret.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely can't be talking about me. Though I do tone down the rage much better the last few months...

Everything about my experience with them matches this. The entire process would have gone more smoothly if operated by 3 monkeys in a trench coat.

The best thing that happened to me today was finding you. Can we be best friends now?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You were one of them but I didn’t wanna mention names.. it’s crazy how these people stay in business! I can make these things by hand with a full time job in my spare time and still have a turn around of a week or less… if I had a cnc router in my garage I could prolly retire and I’m thinking about it! :zany-face:

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how the powers that be "shut down" your other thread so you and the vendor can work it out... It some ways I understand that logic But in reality I think it is just to protect the vendor sponsors from getting bad press. This forum is a business and we must not forget that. For that Ideology to work, it has to be a two way street. Obviously Top lids has no desire to make things right with you.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love how the powers that be "shut down" your other thread so you and the vendor can work it out... It some ways I understand that logic But in reality I think it is just to protect the vendor sponsors from getting bad press. This forum is a business and we must not forget that. For that Ideology to work, it has to be a two way street. Obviously Top lids has no desire to make things right with you.
I begged them there for a refund as well.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got all but that 30% they keep after 24 hours. That is how they stay in business. Even if you try to cancel they keep 30%. I do not say this lightly at all. I hope they go out of business for being crooks. I really do and that is the last I am going to speak about them here.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back