Another Build Thread You Won't Read

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got all but that 30% they keep after 24 hours. That is how they stay in business. Even if you try to cancel they keep 30%. I do not say this lightly at all. I hope they go out of business for being crooks. I really do and that is the last I am going to speak about them here.
Yes because you don’t want them to lock up your build thread like they did your other thread. I don’t know if you can see that on your other thread.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes because you don’t want them to lock up your build thread like they did your other thread. I don’t know if you can see that on your other thread.
Yeah that was annoying. Of course they didn't respond there. My story is pretty much identical to another reef2reef member here. The whole pretending to be working on your lid and then taking weeks just to send a form. Word for word. The 24 hours is just weird and I wish I would have really read that more carefully. I cost them a few customers so we are good. Fair trade.

Also, did another water change to keep up with the uglies and that algae will not come off those rocks. It is green and hard (no not the Hulk) and if you look really close looks like little ferns. So bryposis. Which I'm guessing will go away on it's own since this tank is brand new. Also have about a million snails on their way. Should be here Wednesday. I might grab all the hermits and lock them up to let the snails do their job.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah that was annoying. Of course they didn't respond there. My story is pretty much identical to another reef2reef member here. The whole pretending to be working on your lid and then taking weeks just to send a form. Word for word. The 24 hours is just weird and I wish I would have really read that more carefully. I cost them a few customers so we are good. Fair trade.

Also, did another water change to keep up with the uglies and that algae will not come off those rocks. It is green and hard (no not the Hulk) and if you look really close looks like little ferns. So bryposis. Which I'm guessing will go away on it's own since this tank is brand new. Also have about a million snails on their way. Should be here Wednesday. I might grab all the hermits and lock them up to let the snails do their job.
Mexican turbos specifically should help

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone right now shut up and listen. This is the most life changing statement you will ever hear. A statement so profound it will blow your mind and you will pass this on to generations of your kin and they will pass it on to their kin until the very end of the fabric of time. Whole kingdoms will be formed on this very knowledge and people will worship it as gospel.

I almost can't even get it out I am so filled with wonder and fascination, a tiny bit of fear, and worship.

You all listen. My cheap, drunken, 2am, bulk reef supply, after bathroom research, Icecap algae scrubber....breathe breathe, is growing algae! That's right I know it's a lot to take in. Thick, turf like snotty algae y'all. Tell your kids, tell your mom, tell your neighbor's mom, this knowledge must not be hidden away in the dark, it must see the light for all of mankind's survival depends on it. This is the best thing to happen to me in the last 4 hours.

It is like that time I went to the DMV to get my registration renewed and no one was in line. It's like the first time man set his feet on the moon, (don't start with me flat earthers). It's like seeing a unicorn taking a dump on your lawn. A huge stinky rainbow colored turd of awesomeness.

I am going to log off now because I am so overwhelmed with bliss and understanding. I suggest you too, lucky human that reads this prophetic statement, log off and reflect on the awe and wonder of this realization.

Janci

Staghorns will prevail
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone right now shut up and listen. This is the most life changing statement you will ever hear. A statement so profound it will blow your mind and you will pass this on to generations of your kin and they will pass it on to their kin until the very end of the fabric of time. Whole kingdoms will be formed on this very knowledge and people will worship it as gospel.

I almost can't even get it out I am so filled with wonder and fascination, a tiny bit of fear, and worship.

You all listen. My cheap, drunken, 2am, bulk reef supply, after bathroom research, Icecap algae scrubber....breathe breathe, is growing algae! That's right I know it's a lot to take in. Thick, turf like snotty algae y'all. Tell your kids, tell your mom, tell your neighbor's mom, this knowledge must not be hidden away in the dark, it must see the light for all of mankind's survival depends on it. This is the best thing to happen to me in the last 4 hours.

It is like that time I went to the DMV to get my registration renewed and no one was in line. It's like the first time man set his feet on the moon, (don't start with me flat earthers). It's like seeing a unicorn taking a dump on your lawn. A huge stinky rainbow colored turd of awesomeness.

I am going to log off now because I am so overwhelmed with bliss and understanding. I suggest you too, lucky human that reads this prophetic statement, log off and reflect on the awe and wonder of this realization.
Before I tell my mom, pictures please.
Or it did not really happen....

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Baby Babies GIF

Mhamilton0911

BitterSalty
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never bothered to Google but since you are so profoundly impressed with it can you tell me what the heck it is? A thing to grow algea, on purpose?

I can't wait for your awesome response to my horrifically stupid question. And yes I'm still to lazy to Google it.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never bothered to Google but since you are so profoundly impressed with it can you tell me what the heck it is? A thing to grow algea, on purpose?

I can't wait for your awesome response to my horrifically stupid question. And yes I'm still to lazy to Google it.

Like the light from the heavens. It's just water over a screen inside a light box. A small pump let's the water trickle over a screen. The theory is the box provides the best environment for algae so it will control nitrates and phosphates and hopefully keep algae out of the display. Once a week or every two weeks you scrape most of the algae off and fling it over the fence because my neighbors are annoying.

20240227_215213.jpg

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

One time at a coral show, I overheard a bunch of women talking about growing algae.
One women said she has been growing algae since she was young.
One women said she can grow algae occasionally, if conditions are just right.
One said she has never grown algae, but wish she could.
And the other women said she could "if she had help".
So I guess what I am saying is "congrats"! Growing algae seems hit or miss for some folks.
I on the other hand never have a problem growing algae. When I was young and just discovered aquariums, sometimes I would grow algae and not even want to. Just "Boom" algae everywhere! Sometimes I was so embarrassed... As a experienced aquarist, I would like to say I have I have my algae under control, but sometimes it's just "Boom" there it is...

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This piece fell off the screen when I was looking at it. Yes it byropsis...I think. Not worried. It seemed to have disappeared in the display.

20240227_215316.jpg
Disappeared like a comic book villain into the dark underbelly of your reef. Plotting it's terrible revenge, awaiting the day when you show weakness to rise up and wreak havoc upon the citizenry. Bur fear not, just like a comic book, after a good battle, good will triumph!

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I have little patience for them also.
Screenshot_20240228-202817.png

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I woke up to the emergency drain emergency draining. The sump level was too high. Opened the gate a bit and solved the issue. I'm wondering if something is stuck around the gate. It seems to be ok now. I doubt a new snail could have made it under the weir cover, but maybe. If that's the case I'll need to take the pipe off and shake it out of there. Or ignore it like I do all my life problems.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I woke up to the emergency drain emergency draining. The sump level was too high. Opened the gate a bit and solved the issue. I'm wondering if something is stuck around the gate. It seems to be ok now. I doubt a new snail could have made it under the weir cover, but maybe. If that's the case I'll need to take the pipe off and shake it out of there. Or ignore it like I do all my life problems.
I noticed on my 180 it would do that sometimes possibly a build up or something. I'd do a monthly full open of the valves let it run loud for about 5 min and then close it back up. Of coarse I'd have to mess with it for the rest of the night to get it just right. I just thought better safe than sorry.

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know quite a bit about the dynamics of this, is this a BeanAnimal 3-pipe or is it a 2-pipe Herbie?

Pics of the drain box and your sump where the drains terminate underwater would help. I would dig through your thread but that would mean I'd have to read it.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know quite a bit about the dynamics of this, is this a BeanAnimal 3-pipe or is it a 2-pipe Herbie?

Pics of the drain box and your sump where the drains terminate underwater would help. I would dig through your thread but that would mean I'd have to read it.
It's two pipe Herbie. Normally water is less than one inch under emergency but I had to hastely adjust it before work here.
20240229_083405.jpg

20240229_083409.jpg

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.9%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 15.5%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 76 47.2%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 51 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back