Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1000017305.gif
Everything is a chemical. Water, the salt mix, the literal everything. LOL! I get you though. It was probably not helpful at all since the issue hasn't really resolved and made a mess of my skimmer.

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are they though? I mean if someone from ace was here refilling this f word with salt water then maybe.
20240514_181702.jpg

Tank looks like crap. Going out of town for a week so the horrors that await I bet will be grand.
Your tank only has been going 3 1/2 months and you started with new rock...
Of course your tank is going to look like ...
Wild donkey

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank only has been going 3 1/2 months and you started with new rock...
Of course your tank is going to look like ...
Wild donkey
Yeah I'm not worried about it. I was worried about the byropsis though. Those sidelights are in the mud room. They suck too, whoever added that on was a moron. Can't wait to move. Counting the days now.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm not worried about it. I was worried about the byropsis though. Those sidelights are in the mud room. They suck too, whoever added that on was a moron. Can't wait to move. Counting the days now.
Is the skimmer finally working after the water change through it?

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is the skimmer finally working after the water change through it?
No I only did one 5 gallon bucket, going to do another tonight, then another the next. It got better though. I have a trip I', leaving for on Saturday so I am trying to get the tank on auto pilot before I go. As it is draining in the bucket I add new fresh saltwater. It is a real stupid thing...LOL

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to add to that you can raise the skimmer up also! It looks like you have a stand already if raise it up 2 inches or so and run it in 5” deep water it will perform better with less turbulence and head pressure on the pump! Most likely won’t over flow any more either.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just to add to that you can raise the skimmer up also! It looks like you have a stand already if raise it up 2 inches or so and run it in 5” deep water it will perform better with less turbulence and head pressure on the pump! Most likely won’t over flow any more either.
I can't find the dang legs. So I used a tupperware. It didn't help. Chemiclean is garbage.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what the heck is battlecrew?
Should I know about battlecrew?
Helping battle corals out with the grow out competitions we have going on.. it’s a sps growing competition and I’m one of the organizers.

OP
OP
Devisissy

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Helping battle corals out with the grow out competitions we have going on.. it’s a sps growing competition and I’m one of the organizers.
Awwww. I see. I figured it was battle corals. I can't grow anything but algae so I can't imagine the stress. My neglected pest tank is doing great now days though. LOL!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awwww. I see. I figured it was battle corals. I can't grow anything but algae so I can't imagine the stress. My neglected pest tank is doing great now days though. LOL!
It’ll work out! You’re in good hands over here.. just takes time

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for your info. I still get bryopsis… When ever I clean a pump or a frag rack. Boom there it is. Never on anything else.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 6 8.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 29 40.8%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 35 49.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back