Aqueon tank failure

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I paid for the seapora, they told me 1 week, 2 tops. Then at 2weeks I called and spoke to the owner who said they shouldn’t have said the timeframe as it’s undetermined. He called around and said he could get the marine land and sang all its praises yesterday.

I said yes because it’s a few days and same size tank vs potentionally a few weeks or even month or two.. Last night I couldn’t settle with it, so I called this morning asking if we can cancel the Marineland and just wait on the seapora another 2-3 weeks and see if he’ll get it, but since I said yes yesterday to the marineland - they’re unsure if it’ll be canceled.

Which is my own fault I guess for not telling him on the phone I need a minute to consider it. So I guess we’ll see.

Plus I just realized we’ll need a coral qt too, so there really was no rush on even getting the display up quickly. Starting this hobby feels like one huge learning curve after another
This forum is your best friend, it helps flatten the curve quite a bit. I hope everything works out for you though, I know dealing with sales folk can be stressful.

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This forum is your best friend, it helps flatten the curve quite a bit. I hope everything works out for you though, I know dealing with sales folk can be stressful.
Finding ones that align with your vision and goals is tough. I’m hoping everything just works out. The more I research everything, the more patience I realize we need. First goal was to have a tank up and running asap, that was squashed quickly.

19Mateo83

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Finding ones that align with your vision and goals is tough. I’m hoping everything just works out. The more I research everything, the more patience I realize we need. First goal was to have a tank up and running asap, that was squashed quickly.
Your learning fast then :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Patience is the hardest lesson to learn.

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Pretty much, knew I was mad about the timeframe promised.
I love my LFS. He's a great dude personally but none if them have ethics. There was a guy in there yesterday that just cycled a 90gal. He bought 3 tangs and a few other fish and about $800 worth of coral. He has some nice pieces. I think I'm gonna swing through and pick up this scoly. I've never seen a 3 color bleeding apple.
20240508_143916.jpg

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aqueon are the cheapest tanks that one can buy. I recently paid $50 for a brand new 40g. I wouldn't run one unless it's in a basement. I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. Put some fans on the hardwoods now. If you think that water is in your ceiling, drill a 1/4" hole to drain it. I've spilled thousands of gallons of water in second stories in my weed growing days and never had an issue if you address it immediately. Let the ceiling dry and hit it with some kilz and then ceiling paint. Whatever you do, do not call insurance over a measily 40g of water! Post pics if you want further advice... especially if your hardwoods start to buckle.
Yeah you gotta spend the big bucks on something like a red sea if you want to avoid seam failures
just joking GIF

Last edited:

Mikeltee

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yeah you gotta spend the big bucks on something like a red sea if you want to avoid seam failures
Lol. One has to do research. I wish my 40g aqueon was empty so that I could show you the caulk job on it. I think that they used a tube per seam. I ain't complaining for $40! It's held up well for 5 months. I'm real careful with the razor though. I don't go near those seams. It grows coral just as good as my $6k aquavim.

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your learning fast then :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: Patience is the hardest lesson to learn.
Lol, it would be a lot easier if we at least had something established!

The lfs said he would wait for the seapora… but again tried telling me marine land was much better quality in his opinion. I swear im just giving myself a headache

NancyFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love my LFS. He's a great dude personally but none if them have ethics. There was a guy in there yesterday that just cycled a 90gal. He bought 3 tangs and a few other fish and about $800 worth of coral. He has some nice pieces. I think I'm gonna swing through and pick up this scoly. I've never seen a 3 color bleeding apple.
20240508_143916.jpg
I hear you, it’s questioning my sanity when I research something for a choice — then have these “experts” tell me otherwise.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.1%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back