Aussie Gold..1 of my fav sticks!

old salt reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Daves skittle doesn't have red. It has four colors, yellow, green, purple (different shades) and blue under my lights. The yellow is most prominent on the areas that get direct light.

I've never seen an Aussie gold in person but it looks similar to me from pictures in some respect to the gold/yellow.

Here's a few recent pics of the colony. This is with no supplementation so there are no fake colors that are a result of bluer tanks.........it is really awesome with some blue that LEDs can add to the pallete or intensity of the colors. This is a hard coral to snap good pics of.......in person it has brighter/deeper coloration.

Two different angles I took a few days ago-

Daves Skittles R 051821.jpg

Daves Skittle two R 051821.jpg

Here's a frag just starting to show is multiple colors-
Dave Stilles encrusted frag R 051821.jpg
Your picture, not mine. The one that was provided in a link you posted in the thread "2 man frag swap". The picture that made me buy it from you. The "red" was there when I put it in my tank under my lights, but I put it to high and it kind of became white and purple. I have now moved it lower and the "red" is starting to come back. I like it and am glad i have it.
daves skittles.png

Big E

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your picture, not mine. The one that was provided in a link you posted in the thread "2 man frag swap". The picture that made me buy it from you. The "red" was there when I put it in my tank under my lights, but I put it to high and it kind of became white and purple. I have now moved it lower and the "red" is starting to come back. I like it and am glad i have it.
daves skittles.png

It's all good, I'm not sure how it looks under different lighting. My eyes see the above pic as an orangy/yellow. It's a chameleon type coral. If you look at all 3 pics I posted you can see how the colors can look or change under various lighting. I also used different cameras in three different systems.

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 172 72.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 42 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back