OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The new rbta wasn't in tank but a minute and our lightning maroon clown was rubbing in it :D. After never getting our clowns before to host anything but the overflow everyone is pretty happy with this success. Picked up a couple micromussa that pop. Also a new pink hallucinations to replace one we lost. Scored a vdm ,mystic grape favia and 3 freebies also. Few pics getting settled.
IMAG1463.jpg
IMAG1462.jpg
IMAG1426.jpg
IMAG1427.jpg
IMAG1435.jpg

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We ordered with algae barn yesterday so next week another shipment of pods and phytoplankton for system. Gotta keep it well stocked for our mandarin he has been picking at arcti-pods from reef nutrition and showing a little interest in lrs reef frenzy also. Hopefully he continues to eat more frozen and refrigerated foods as time goes. Acans we got almost 2 months ago is getting rainbow of colors now vey happy with it. The acans we got from poto are getting great growth have 6-8 babies since getting it. It's colors are getting better after moving into shade more. The scoly is getting tealish blotches and yellowish/greenish stripes as well.
IMAG1452.jpg
IMAG1441.jpg
IMAG1440.jpg
IMAG1456.jpg

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see Larry @ReefFrenzy stopped by thank you. I am loving the lrs reef frenzy just wish it was sold close to grand rapids mi. I have to drive little over 2 hours each way to get it for our tank. But worth it for the quality of lrs foods.

ReefFrenzy

Shrimp Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see Larry @ReefFrenzy stopped by thank you. I am loving the lrs reef frenzy just wish it was sold close to grand rapids mi. I have to drive little over 2 hours each way to get it for our tank. But worth it for the quality of lrs foods.

We just added Bosh's Reef in Grand Rapids, MI to our dealer network and the foods are moving very well for them. Is that store close to you? Thanks for the props!

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We got a magnetic frag station gooch makes I love his work. Also added a reef keeper lite plus controller with the I temp and ph probes. Everything is up and running.

aeromike9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great. How did you mount your Ocean Revive fixture? I have been thinking about getting one to replace my dual T5 in my 40 breeder.

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank looks great. How did you mount your Ocean Revive fixture? I have been thinking about getting one to replace my dual T5 in my 40 breeder.
I got 2 pieces of conduit from home depot and had already figured out measurements for the bends and used a conduit bender at the store to bend them. Got a couple conduit clamps to attach to back of stand that allows for adjusting height ect when it was all squared up n proper height I locked them in place with screws going through conduit and into the 2x4 frame of stand. Put a couple end caps on them and hung the d ring from them it's easy to slide back for getting into tank n back into place when done. Total cost was under 15 dollars for everything. Hope it helps there's pics in beginning of this thread of the back of stand showing how there placed.

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well our son went to lfs today and came home with a nice mystic sunset monti frag. After acclamation and a dip into tank and within minutes super blue polyp extension :D. He also brought home a blue sided fairy wrasse beautiful coloration going to let it settle in then try for pics of it. Here's the mystic sunset monti frag pics. ;) Adding a mystic grape favia pic also lol.
IMAG1512.jpg
IMAG1513.jpg
IMAG1515.jpg

aeromike9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 pieces of conduit from home depot and had already figured out measurements for the bends and used a conduit bender at the store to bend them. Got a couple conduit clamps to attach to back of stand that allows for adjusting height ect when it was all squared up n proper height I locked them in place with screws going through conduit and into the 2x4 frame of stand. Put a couple end caps on them and hung the d ring from them it's easy to slide back for getting into tank n back into place when done. Total cost was under 15 dollars for everything. Hope it helps there's pics in beginning of this thread of the back of stand showing how there placed.
Thanks for the info Steve, much appreciated.

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scored few things from @CherryCorals live sale last night now lol. Hopefully they don't mind me sharing their pics of the sweet cherries we're picking up Wednesday. Hitting them and tropicourium before getting scans late afternoon/evening at U of M for ol cancer doc. Alien infernos,Poseidons fury, and a button scoly
sos356_1.jpg
sos174_1.jpg
aug148.jpg

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well had little issue with cherries website but they got it figured out and we aren't getting button scoly I posted earlier. We are getting the one I'm posting now this has been confirmed by Todd this am.
aug143.jpg

aeromike9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I apologize for not saying thank you for your kind words about our tank. Got caught up answering your question. Again thank you for your time to view and the kind words.
No apology necessary. Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. I am still undecided on which light to upgrade to, have it narrowed down to the Ocean Revive and the Reef Radiance Starfire. I think the Starfire is fairly new, so I am having trouble finding very many reviews. In contrast, it seems that everyone loves the Ocean Revive with glowing reviews all over the world wide google webs.

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been pretty impressed with ours it's got babies popping on almost everything. Colors are better after being in our tank and settled in then when I've gotten most corals. This acan wasn't even a rainbow when we picked it up. Now it's crazy cell pics do it no justice.
IMAG1595.jpg

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 114 41.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 133 48.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 26 9.5%
Back