OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's my son he was trying to get better pics for us and helps with everything. I'm really proud that he has grown into such a good young man and shares the love of the hobby with us. He does a lot when I'm sick after chemo to pick up n do what I'm not up to doing so tank stays happy and healthy Or anything I need help with around the house ect. he's helped us afford to restart the tank and with his younger brother and sister when Mary's working n I'm dealing with the side effects of treatment. So he will post at times it's fine. And thank you Paul for looking out for us and the thread.

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok sorry bout that! I wasn't aware of the chemo either. I wish only the best for you and your family. I can't even imagine what it is like going through all of this. I thought it was odd that some of the photos like that clown looked very familiar! ;)

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I'm fighting stage 4 kidney cancer but I'm very blessed. Was told Dec 14 2004 to go home n tell my family good bye that they give me 4-6 weeks at best. I fought to get referral to u of m and here we are still fighting and been through few surgeries and radiation and few types of chemo and year ago started a study chemo that I was one of the first to get so was really unknown what I'd go through but it's shrunk tumors and now been holding them stable. Just isn't fun every 3 weeks I go for treatment and next week afterwards I'm sick and have bad migraine headaches. I'm blessed to have the positive results from treatments and the love of family and a great church family. God's truly blessed us even though it all. So the family pushed me to start a new reef because I enjoyed it so much n helps me feel positive n something to do that I enjoyed seeing depression was getting to me from losing my job because I missed to much time for treatment they let me go. But such is life n brush off n move on and enjoying time with family n our reef now ;)

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well kinda sad second day our canary blenny has been missing can't find in or around the tank maybe one of the cats found him if he managed to jump out :(. Getting some green algae starting so placed order with get your pods that will be here tomorrow. We're getting the 1,200 pods bogo with free porcelain crab,their small clean up crew 15 blue leg hermit crabs,5 red tip hermit crabs,5 turbo snail's and a porcelain crab,also ordered 10 certh snail's. Favia and acans eating like pigs and the hyper jubilee has 2 babies growing already n the God of wars have baby about to open. So other then our blenny everything is doing well.

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up clean up crew this am at FedEx got everything acclimated n everything is in the tank now put 1,200 pods into dt and the others into the fuge. Clean up crew went right to work and has made huge dent already in the algae that's starting. Get your pods is great place to do business with.

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up clean up crew this am at FedEx got everything acclimated n everything is in the tank now put 1,200 pods into dt and the others into the fuge. Clean up crew went right to work and has made huge dent already in the algae that's starting. Get your pods is great place to do business with.
Sounds good! I really like the trochus snails, very fast for a snail. I hope your blenny shows up.

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a better pic of our clown "bones" yes we're fans of the show lol. Our gow and agaves are coloring up nicely. Also guess I'm going to our lfs bluefish they accidentally charged for a frag we didn't get. So going to find a new frag ;). Working on finding a laptop to edit pics better also. Then lastly couple pics of the next project the stand n tank that needs put back up top and sump n skimmer for it also have a eshopps overflow for it already it's going to be our frag tank have t5s already but probably going to go leds we are using on main dt.
20150525_163650.jpeg
IMAG1177.jpg
IMAG1175.jpg
PicsArt_1432875464420.jpg
20150528_221427.jpeg

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well just picked up 19 awesome bright n colorful frags can't wait to get em acclimated and dipped then into tank n wait for em to open up.
IMAG1185.jpg

OP
OP
steve&mari

steve&mari

Blessed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gobbstoppers, blue rhinos, sopranos, scarface, vdm, solar flares, emerald mauls, yellow mauls, Dragon eyes, Hawaiian ding dangs, crown royals, ko nightmares, vivid rainbow, frog spawn, killer bright red shroom, 2 acans n few others I don't remember right now lol

Back