Biocube 32g build

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, I need to remove 2/3 of this monstrosity. Pretty sure its the reason I have difficulty targeting my magnesium and calcium targets. My lfs still have frags from the last time I fragged it. Anyone in NE OH or NW PA who wants a free frag, it’s yours. I really don’t want any of my animals in the trash.
B2F659AC-D90F-4E8A-891F-894C125C2412.jpeg
I love birds nest and your specimen is a stunner. Which one is it?

I wish I lived closer, cause it would be really special to have a KevBird coral in my lil reef.

Ha, I just named it!

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I wish I lived closer, cause it would be really special to have a KevBird coral in my lil reef.

Ha, I just named it!
I don’t know the type, I just grabbed it from my lfs. The owners have been in business for decades and they hate the whole name thing.

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just noticed...is that a Hygger? what's your settings?
It was so long ago that I set it. I do know I have it on tne lowest setting. I don’t know if this will help.
15BCAC34-31AE-4615-8E88-8796925DD218.jpeg

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Ha, I just named it!
It’s just a three day drive! You could break it up and see @00W and experience some fine dining on the way out and on the way back.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was so long ago that I set it. I do know I have it on tne lowest setting. I don’t know if this will help.
15BCAC34-31AE-4615-8E88-8796925DD218.jpeg
should be 5 settings. That's the highest % you have it on. first number is the time of day and the 2nd number is the % level. Wave mode is the 3rd and 4th is duration. Though your 1st number looks like a 0. Last time I cleaned my head I think I hit something and the clock was all off and I couldn't remember all my settings. I thought I wrote it down but couldn't find it. My current is below trying to keep it low. I have been low power with nutrition or classic wave. Mine is also the 951 (2600gph). Also pointed at the return so both break the surface. I do need to get an ATO though. lost the acans, hammer and a torch. so before I go away again need to get an ATO. Lots of complaints though about the nano ATO's so not sure which.

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
should be 5 settings. That's the highest % you have it on. first number is the time of day and the 2nd number is the % level. Wave mode is the 3rd and 4th is duration. Though your 1st number looks like a 0. Last time I cleaned my head I think I hit something and the clock was all off and I couldn't remember all my settings. I thought I wrote it down but couldn't find it. My current is below trying to keep it low. I have been low power with nutrition or classic wave. Mine is also the 951 (2600gph). Also pointed at the return so both break the surface. I do need to get an ATO though. lost the acans, hammer and a torch. so before I go away again need to get an ATO. Lots of complaints though about the nano ATO's so not sure which.

I believe the number change and percentage a flow change making it random. There are definitely short periods it is on high. I would go to the equipment forum and ask opinions on the best nano ato’s , people have to have their hands on some good ones. Sorry for the loss of your corals but being part of this hobby you learned from it and are being proactive.

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the number change and percentage a flow change making it random. There are definitely short periods it is on high. I would go to the equipment forum and ask opinions on the best nano ato’s , people have to have their hands on some good ones. Sorry for the loss of your corals but being part of this hobby you learned from it and are being proactive.
yeah, I learned. get the ATO. It's not an issue till I have to leave the door open for the auto feeder then the evap happens. One of my kids wants this tank so trying to figure out the best way to move it up the stairs one day. don't want to create a spike but thinking rock out into a bucket, siphon water out into another bucket and place the fish in with it. Then totes for remaining water until it's enough to carry. then move it quickly, rock in, tote water in. hopefully not much sand flowing then fish and top off with the water change to keep levels low. I'd like to swap the rock with Premium somewhere in this process. one day.

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s just a three day drive! You could break it up and see @00W and experience some fine dining on the way out and on the way back.

If only I could! That would actually be a Rey cool trip, but it would take me 5 days cause I’d hotel it every night. And to eat a meal from Joel, sublime.

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The gsp is hosting my tuxedo urchin. One of the most beautiful symbiosis in the reef.
2CF90CEA-91E9-4550-B5A0-2E3B4AC25673.jpeg
How are you responding to my posts so fast? I don’t get alerts.

OP
OP
kevgib67

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the placement of all your coral! It's jam packed but doesn't look too busy, all the while everything looks healthy/happy! Pat yourself on a the back, you deserve it!
Thanks for the kind words!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back