Biocube and custom 80 gal buildish build, Evo no more. There is some reef related content, sometimes.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Summary of our vacation:
My mom had to put her dog down the day we got to their house. A transformer blew that night at 1 am and caught the yard on fire close to the house in 2 places, and we had to call the fire department. We had no power until the next afternoon. My youngest got sick on the car ride down but got better in time for the cruise. Then my sister’s daughter, got sick and was sick for most of the cruise. The boys had fun during the cruise which was good but my sisters son is an ****** and ruined many moments. We started driving back yesterday and my oldest started with a fever about 1 hour in. We stayed at a hotel last night and his fever is 103 this morning. Trying to get any medicine in him is always a frustrating disaster and immediately after doing so this morning he threw it all up. I’m just hoping he sleeps in the car most of the way. I’m really nervous to see the state of my tanks when I get home. :grinning-face-with-sweat:

The end.
Yowsers. Family vacay, eh? Giving medicine to kids is a nightmare. Last year at our Grand Cayman trip, 4yo started with violent vomiting (pool poisoning), ER trip and all. Had to give his meds by suppository. Spent most of the time in the hotel, but was a particular problem when it was time to switch from suppositories to oral meds and the kid had decided he was never looking back. Screaming at the top of his lungs "Nooooo, put it in my butt!" Riiiiight..

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ohhh Becky…. The moms of the world deal with so much €^<%€€•£^; and all we ask is an occasional lounge chair moment with a nice view, and a fun drink (alcoholic or not)!

I’m sure everyone here is sending you hugs through the air right now, know they are coming your way.

Later, much later, you will write about this vacation and it will become lore within your family
Yeah… I think aside from the sicknesses and the my moms dog, most of the trip was as successful as it could have been, given the group. There are definitely some fun moments that will be cherished. Thinking back to all the moments we had, I realized I didn’t take enough photos, but they will be locked in my memories. The good and the bad. Some of the best moments I had were quiet talks with my dad and sarcastic glances with him across the room when things were in turmoil. My dad will be 80 soon, and we only see each other twice a year, so I try to cherish every moment we have together.
Here is one I took with my boys on pirate night showing there was points of enjoyment.
IMG_7690.jpeg

ESABOE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah… I think aside from the sicknesses and the my moms dog, most of the trip was as successful as it could have been, given the group. There are definitely some fun moments that will be cherished. Thinking back to all the moments we had, I realized I didn’t take enough photos, but they will be locked in my memories. The good and the bad. Some of the best moments I had were quiet talks with my dad and sarcastic glances with him across the room when things were in turmoil. My dad will be 80 soon, and we only see each other twice a year, so I try to cherish every moment we have together.
Here is one I took with my boys on pirate night showing there was points of enjoyment.
IMG_7690.jpeg
That right there, worth everything ya went through

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yowsers. Family vacay, eh? Giving medicine to kids is a nightmare. Last year at our Grand Cayman trip, 4yo started with violent vomiting (pool poisoning), ER trip and all. Had to give his meds by suppository. Spent most of the time in the hotel, but was a particular problem when it was time to switch from suppositories to oral meds and the kid had decided he was never looking back. Screaming at the top of his lungs "Nooooo, put it in my butt!" Riiiiight..
We have thought about the suppositories but haven’t pulled the trigger on that yet, maybe we should hahahaha. my oldest has sensory issues and the medicine has been an issue for years. Fortunately, he hasn’t been sick a lot. The last time though he had a fever of 104.9 and I freaked out. I realized we need to do something. He has been in Occupational therapy trying to work through this particular issue but he still has a long way to go. Admittedly, I don’t handle the situation well and often get angry when he is freaking out when I attempt to present medicine and he refuses to calm down and let me help him. We have had so many heart to hearts about it, he seems to understand but as soon as it’s time to try, he gets worked up again.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking forward to your contribution on the “Never Ending Reefing Series” called my build thread!

Wait! That’s what I should have called my Build Thread! :upside-down-face:
It's never too late for a name change.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Summary of our vacation:
My mom had to put her dog down the day we got to their house. A transformer blew that night at 1 am and caught the yard on fire close to the house in 2 places, and we had to call the fire department. We had no power until the next afternoon. My youngest got sick on the car ride down but got better in time for the cruise. Then my sister’s daughter, got sick and was sick for most of the cruise. The boys had fun during the cruise which was good but my sisters son is an ****** and ruined many moments. We started driving back yesterday and my oldest started with a fever about 1 hour in. We stayed at a hotel last night and his fever is 103 this morning. Trying to get any medicine in him is always a frustrating disaster and immediately after doing so this morning he threw it all up. I’m just hoping he sleeps in the car most of the way. I’m really nervous to see the state of my tanks when I get home. :grinning-face-with-sweat:

The end.
Welcome home, Becky. How did your tanks fare in your absence?

Also, shots fired...

1000007934.jpg

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, Becky. How did your tanks fare in your absence?

Also, shots fired...

1000007934.jpg
HAHAHA. Shots fired indeed :)

I'm logging on for the first time since I got home. I caught my neice's Canadian flu the day we got back and I have been on my death bed since. I was pleasantly surprised when I got home at the condition of my tanks. However, due to illness the only thing I have managed to begrudgingly do since, is keep the animals fed.

I hope to have the energy back by the weekend to get after it and start clean up.

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
HAHAHA. Shots fired indeed :)

I'm logging on for the first time since I got home. I caught my neice's Canadian flu the day we got back and I have been on my death bed since. I was pleasantly surprised when I got home at the condition of my tanks. However, due to illness the only thing I have managed to begrudgingly do since, is keep the animals fed.

I hope to have the energy back by the weekend to get after it and start clean up.
I hope you feel better soon. You'll be back to hitting curbs and scratching up rims in no time!

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still fighting a respiratory infection. I’m gonna give it a week more and if the green stuff from my nose and chest don’t let up, I’ll go on antibiotics.

TANK STUFF: I spent all morning cleaning up the big tank. Powerheads, return, UV, glass scrape, algae removal. You know all the fun stuff :face-with-rolling-eyes:.

I took advantage of my hard work and snapped some photos.

IMG_7744.jpeg
IMG_7745.jpeg
IMG_7746.jpeg
IMG_7748.jpeg
IMG_7749.jpeg
IMG_7750.jpeg
IMG_7751.jpeg
IMG_7752.jpeg
IMG_7753.jpeg
IMG_7754.jpeg
IMG_7756.jpeg
IMG_7759.jpeg

Now to head outside and try to soak up a little vitamin D.

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still fighting a respiratory infection. I’m gonna give it a week more and if the green stuff from my nose and chest don’t let up, I’ll go on antibiotics.

TANK STUFF: I spent all morning cleaning up the big tank. Powerheads, return, UV, glass scrape, algae removal. You know all the fun stuff :face-with-rolling-eyes:.

I took advantage of my hard work and snapped some photos.

IMG_7744.jpeg
IMG_7745.jpeg
IMG_7746.jpeg
IMG_7748.jpeg
IMG_7749.jpeg
IMG_7750.jpeg
IMG_7751.jpeg
IMG_7752.jpeg
IMG_7753.jpeg
IMG_7754.jpeg
IMG_7756.jpeg
IMG_7759.jpeg

Now to head outside and try to soak up a little vitamin D.
What a great fluffy gorg!

OP
OP
rmorris_14

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
-Green stuff has left the building ::hooray:: :smiling-face:
-Big tank looked suspiciously good last night :expressionless-face:
-Local library is printing nem guards so I can release the kraken soon :upside-down-face:
-My husband told me I look like I'm dressed to go into Jumanji this morning. :thinking-face:

That is all. Have a great day!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back