Black Clams

FateX8

Frag Dragon
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
black and blue zebra type maximas are fairly common, its the black and white maximas that are harder to come by

salt newbie01

CRC Flunky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BTW my acans are doing well how about yours?

Quite nicely thnaks. I actually just finished feeding them...can't wait to trade you for a frag of that bright one you got!! You need to come over and look at mine to find a suitable trade...I am sure something of the rainbow variety should do...

Dihydrogen Monoxide

Deliquescent Reefkeeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA is aquaculturing the (true)blacks last I heard, they are extremely expensive and very difficult to get as the waiting list is quite long.

The real ones are mostly black and gold colored(yellowish white). Very cool none the less!

NORTHERN REEF

"JUST FRAG IT"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the black and white zebras are a awesome find for a nice specimen, i also enjoy the blue squamosa real hard to find and pricy but worth it for a nice specimen

Candycane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 that I am going to start breeding. It took me a bit to get ahold of them, but I refused to pay over $150.00. They are the black ones with thick white stripes.

None-the-less, I was bidding on one at the big auction site about a month ago that went for $152.00 so I didn't win it. That one was black with thick white stripes too.

Candycane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I had any around. Nothing that I own is in the state right now. I couldn't post a pic of a fish. I could post a pic of the empty tidepools that have nothing but 30 square feet of live sand in them if you want, LOL.

iani

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just picked this guy up. I wanted to get a good shot of it before putting it in the display tank. Hence the egg crate.
clams2of2copy.jpg

Last edited:

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 27 51.9%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 23.1%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 11 21.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back