Blackcap Basslet trio?

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to keep a trio of Blackcaps in the same tank? Working on stocking list for my new 600 gallon tank and would love to have about 3 Blackcaps. Also planning on probably 5 Royal Grammas which brings up another question, can they all coexist in the same tank?

Asm481

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can only tell you about mine. He is very skittish, hides alot. Only other fish in tank is a pair of clowns and a pictus blenny. He constantly moves sand burying things. When I added the blenny the black cap chased it and nipped for the first week. Today they ignor each other. If I move in the room the black cap dives behind the rock like a giant wuss!

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I had a pair in my 240 for a couple years, until velvet wiped them and 8 other fish out.

I currently have 1 in my 66 gallon tank. In the last year it has gotten very secretive. I hardly ever see it.
I would love to add another, or maybe 2-3 royal grammas.

OP
OP
Xanthurum

Xanthurum

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I’m going to go for it. I’m betting that the territorial aggressions that people experience are due to tank sizes. Meaning most people probably keep them in tanks smaller than 100 gallons. Since they will be in a 600 gallon tank I feel like there will be enough space for them to get away from each other.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 82 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.9%
Back