Close up Comparison of Browser Vs. Candy Apple REds

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, now I'm thoroughly confused? There is no BROWSERS listed on any of the coral ID sites. There is a BOWSER polyp on CoralID, pictures submitted by chipcount. So are we talking about Bowsers, or are you introducing yet another similar polyp and calling them Browsers?

I'm sure he meant to type Bowser.He's already stated that they are lineaged to DC.Maybe it's his phone, I know everytime i type bowser it autocorrects to browser....either that or he's uber FOB...:wink:

JackoChang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try shading your CARS for awhile, I had a frag of CARS that looked faded like that then a frag fell to the bottom rack. I didn't notice until a friend came over and asked what the new frag was.

Kirklan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter the difference, there is no way the "Bowser" is $240 per polyp better. Seems to me a lot of collectors are trying to protect their overpriced investment.

Can anyone show me a colony of these? I'm not talking a 5-10 polyp colony, but a 4-5" colony with 50-100 polyps that has been in a display tank for over a year. Seem like everyone who has these are busy fragging and turning their bowsers into a money making machine. I'm not knocking that if people are willing to pay it, and there is certainly nothing wrong with your tank "paying you back", but it seems that "high end" collecters are in it more for the money and brag factor not for the joy of the hobby.

P.S. I'd take Troylee's polyps for $10per any day over a $250 bowser.

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No matter the difference, there is no way the "Bowser" is $240 per polyp better. Seems to me a lot of collectors are trying to protect their overpriced investment.

Can anyone show me a colony of these? I'm not talking a 5-10 polyp colony, but a 4-5" colony with 50-100 polyps that has been in a display tank for over a year. Seem like everyone who has these are busy fragging and turning their bowsers into a money making machine. I'm not knocking that if people are willing to pay it, and there is certainly nothing wrong with your tank "paying you back", but it seems that "high end" collecters are in it more for the money and brag factor not for the joy of the hobby.

First off,let me state that you will never see a 50-100 polyp colony of these things unless we find a colony in the wild,any captive colony that you think you are going to see of these that has 50+ polyps of,you are dreaming and you will never find it unless we all wait 50 years for these things to grow into that.

If you havent read up on these,I suggest that you do,they grow way to slow,and do not grow fast at all for the to grow 50 polyps in a year.To see a picture of that,someone would have to shop it together and lie about it,there is no possible way unless we find a wild colony that is exactly the same as these...

High end collectors are not people who want the money,I gurantee it,high end collectors collect high end corals half the time because they have the money up front.You dont see many high end collectors who pit pat around and save enough money to buy a master piece scolymia that sells in a matter of minuets.

OP
OP
TCK Corals

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just trying to show the difference of these two palys. I never mentioned price or selling these anyways. I want to see some one with a colony of 50 polyp too. This was suppose to be comparison not a debate on price. I meant Bowser I just spelled it wrong. You couldn't pay me enough to sell them.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
noone should be bringing up pricing in this thread- Kien's just comparing the two different Zoa's. If you want to start yet another pricing discussion, go create your own thread.

Once again though Kien- nice looking polyps! As far as people saying they're the same- the simple reason is they don't have them, I just look at it as a bit of sour grapes :tongue:

Stray32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking polyp, lots of similiarities to the CARs but clear differences as well. I think growth rate is a key difference with these two. My CARs grow like crazy...

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

where have you seen some for sale?i've only seen 1 polyp for sale in the past few months.you'd be lucky to convince these guys with them to come off one.They grow too slow and don't take well to fragging so not a big returner imo.Most collectors would rather ensure the health of their specimen before taking a couple hundred dollars.It's not always about the money.

Wycombes

Mo Pics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pictures!
Bowsers = Polyps on Steroids (just not the ones that make you grow fast!)

Kirklan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't seen any for sale. I was baseing the cost off of what people were saying they paid or were charging for a frag a while back.

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Um, Ktar...can you send me your address? I think I have a "Happy Memorial Day" card to send you...or I just wanna come take your polyps...

Sent from my really possessive phone using another crazy app....

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To me the patterns are exactly the same the only difference is one is brighter than the other.

That's what I'm seeing as well. However, not only does the right hand frag appear to be brighter, the frag rack, on the right hand side also appears to be brighter, than on the left hand side. It almost looks like the right hand side of the photo is receiving more direct lighting, or possibly that the left hand side is shaded slightly.

chipcount

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off,let me state that you will never see a 50-100 polyp colony of these things unless we find a colony in the wild,any captive colony that you think you are going to see of these that has 50+ polyps of,you are dreaming and you will never find it unless we all wait 50 years for these things to grow into that.

If you havent read up on these,I suggest that you do,they grow way to slow,and do not grow fast at all for the to grow 50 polyps in a year.To see a picture of that,someone would have to shop it together and lie about it,there is no possible way unless we find a wild colony that is exactly the same as these...

High end collectors are not people who want the money,I gurantee it,high end collectors collect high end corals half the time because they have the money up front.You dont see many high end collectors who pit pat around and save enough money to buy a master piece scolymia that sells in a matter of minuets.

Very well said

JackoChang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm wrong, my CAR glow under the LEDs but the red doesn't go all the way like the BOWSER does.

Brent Ward

Fanworm farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Photo looks okay to me. Egg crate has pretty much the same brightness, any variation in it wouldn't make the big difference that is being shown between the two.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back