OP
TCK Corals

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troy I would get flash shot but my guy camera don't have a flash. I will ask him tomorrow to take more photo. You gotta see with your own eyes to see what I mean. They might look similar but definitely not the same. Just my 2 cent.

ddiver

Fragging Extraordinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive seen them in person and they are definitely unmistakable.The yellow and orange on the bowsers are much more pronounced which Is what makes them that much brighter.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
boy would i ever love to haha...:tongue: not a single person wants to let one go...:sad: someday i will get one or maybe even make it to a show and there might be one on display lol...
Troy I would get flash shot but my guy camera don't have a flash. I will ask him tomorrow to take more photo. You gotta see with your own eyes to see what I mean. They might look similar but definitely not the same. Just my 2 cent.

Wy Renegade

Zs and Ps/PE collector
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just trying to show the difference of these two palys. I never mentioned price or selling these anyways. I want to see some one with a colony of 50 polyp too. This was suppose to be comparison not a debate on price. I meant Bowser I just spelled it wrong. You couldn't pay me enough to sell them.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

Thank you for clearing up the confusion on the name. Personally I also see nothing wrong in the picture to indicate photoshopping, and the polyps on the right side are definetly brighter. That said, however, I also see little difference in the color patterns. Given that Brian and others have indicated there is a significant difference in the growth rate, I think its likely that they are indeed different polyps with very similar color patterns. I would still love to see a picture of Lee's next to a Bowser, but maybe Brian can help us out with that in the future.

Phaquer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to ktars on wensday i brought one of my cars frags they r deff bowsers .deff diff poylps and the pic is spot on good job on the photo

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to ktars on wensday i brought one of my cars frags they r deff bowsers .deff diff poylps and the pic is spot on good job on the photo

I too was recently at kien's (just yesterday) and had the chance to see Bowsers firsthand. Bowsers are definitely brighter, no question about it. I agree that they have a similar color pattern, but Bowsers win the color contest no doubt.

Tenor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have seen Bowser in person and the patten and color look different from the first picture. They both look like CAR to me.

Redstag

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about Candy Apply Orange?
OrangeCandyApply_5200.jpg

Well my photographer was over yesterday, and i had him take a picture of the two right up close. You can see the huge difference in the two. Please no Pms i dont have frags for sale just wanted to clarify the difference.

0073cd04.jpg

sf_ramsden

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone needs to try and get Nanofins to take a comparison of all of his. I am pretty sure he owns: CARs, Bowsers, Shazams (not in question, but a similar morph) and Candy Apple Oranges. If he could set up all four & take a photo under different lighting I think it would calm the storm here and we can all go our separate ways... :bigsmile:

Nanofins

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its really funny it obvious that those are totally different and some still claims that they are the same. I have no idea what to say anymore.

+1,000,000

Originally Posted by Kirklan
No matter the difference, there is no way the "Bowser" is $240 per polyp better. Seems to me a lot of collectors are trying to protect their overpriced investment.

Can anyone show me a colony of these? I'm not talking a 5-10 polyp colony, but a 4-5" colony with 50-100 polyps that has been in a display tank for over a year. Seem like everyone who has these are busy fragging and turning their bowsers into a money making machine. I'm not knocking that if people are willing to pay it, and there is certainly nothing wrong with your tank "paying you back", but it seems that "high end" collecters are in it more for the money and brag factor not for the joy of the hobby.

P.S. I'd take Troylee's polyps for $10per any day over a $250 bowser.
First off,let me state that you will never see a 50-100 polyp colony of these things unless we find a colony in the wild,any captive colony that you think you are going to see of these that has 50+ polyps of,you are dreaming and you will never find it unless we all wait 50 years for these things to grow into that.

If you havent read up on these,I suggest that you do,they grow way to slow,and do not grow fast at all for the to grow 50 polyps in a year.To see a picture of that,someone would have to shop it together and lie about it,there is no possible way unless we find a wild colony that is exactly the same as these...

High end collectors are not people who want the money,I gurantee it,high end collectors collect high end corals half the time because they have the money up front.You dont see many high end collectors who pit pat around and save enough money to buy a master piece scolymia that sells in a matter of minuets.

Fully agree here as well.

Why do we keep starting new threads about this; hasn't the subject been beaten to death fully yet?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back