OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to try the Tank Transfer method this go around. Give any thought to that?

I purchased some Tampa bay rock based on your recommendation and I have to say I am thrilled. The stuff is the best I've seen!
I didn't want to deal with the separate tanks and the whole overall procedure.

Glad the TBS is working out for you! :)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm going to try the Tank Transfer method this go around. Give any thought to that?

I purchased some Tampa bay rock based on your recommendation and I have to say I am thrilled. The stuff is the best I've seen!

I am going to be set up for the #TTM as well.

E_Aquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was going through my newsfeed on Facebook and I came across this ad... Doesn't that picture/room look familiar lol @d2mini

Screen Shot 2016-10-05 at 3.33.43 PM.jpg

Black Pearl

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just recently torn down my 110 and it was a Hellava choir, you going through that and moving too I'd still be tired

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your new build is awesome but I bet you miss your sump room don't you. [emoji37]
Actually you are right. I miss the fish room more than the tank. lol

Just recently torn down my 110 and it was a Hellava choir, you going through that and moving too I'd still be tired
No kidding. Selling the house, buying a new one, and tearing that all down and selling it off, all down to the wire. Yeesh. :confused:

Paul87

Fellow Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that rock anemone. The actinics make them pop. Does he not have conflicts with your other corals?
Can't speak for him, but I've never had a problem with RFA's bothering coral. Probably one of the most set and forget anemones around IMO.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't speak for him, but I've never had a problem with RFA's bothering coral. Probably one of the most set and forget anemones around IMO.

Had one years ago with softies, shrooms and LPS which never caused issues. Wasn't sure about SPS. Thx

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love that rock anemone. The actinics make them pop. Does he not have conflicts with your other corals?
I have a few in this tank and a few in the nano.
Like with any anemone, if they start touching sps they'll kill the tissue in that area.
This particular one is very close to one of my sps and gets even closer depending on how he is stretching out that day, but generally these guys tend to stay put once they find a good spot.
In my previous tank I had a mini maxi anemone and that guy stayed in the same spot, on the same rock, through 3 tank moves. That was incredible. You would have thought he was super glued to that spot.

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a few in this tank and a few in the nano.
Like with any anemone, if they start touching sps they'll kill the tissue in that area.
This particular one is very close to one of my sps and gets even closer depending on how he is stretching out that day, but generally these guys tend to stay put once they find a good spot.
In my previous tank I had a mini maxi anemone and that guy stayed in the same spot, on the same rock, through 3 tank moves. That was incredible. You would have thought he was super glued to that spot.

I don't remember as many colorful
Ones years ago. Mine stayed in his spot for 2 yrs before the tank breakdown.

Brett H whitt

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pictures. I assume they are all under the new Gen 4’s. how are you liking the new lighting? Are you getting good
Growth on your SPS?

OP
OP
d2mini

d2mini

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pictures. I assume they are all under the new Gen 4’s. how are you liking the new lighting? Are you getting good
Growth on your SPS?
Yep, all under the new light. :)
So far so good. They are definitely more powerful so there has been a little adjustment period, especially on the outer edges of the sand bed where I'm getting increased par.
I had to move some things more into the shade, even with lower light output.
Color is good and sps are at least encrusting if not growing.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back